UC Santa Barbara Counseling/Clinical/School Psych PhD (2021)

pomegranateleaves

On 12/29/2020 at 7:56 AM, clinpsychapps said:

Hi all, hope everyone had a wonderful holiday break. Does anyone know if the clinical track invites have all been sent? 

I haven't heard back since my pre-interview, so I've also been wondering. I heard Interview day is 15 January, so I guess we should find out this week. 

Hey,

Just heard back from my PI. She said the admission process takes place over the next few months. I guess that means they haven't made final decisions on who to invite for interviews yet, and there must be several interview days. Anyway, hope this is helpful!

Hi all! I applied to the School Psychology PhD program at UCSB and chatted with a couple professors before applying. They all encouraged me to apply (as I'm sure they do to all folks who reach out), and even found me on twitter and followed me. 

I haven't heard anything since submitting. Does anyone know the likelihood of getting invited to interview day without having an informal interview first? Also, does anyone have any advice for inquiring about my application status? Or should I at all? Thanks and good luck to everyone :)

25 minutes ago, clinpsychapps said:

Does anyone know for sure if the clinical interview days are Jan 14/15? I was comforted by the post 2 above this but have been seeing mixed information. Hope everyone is hanging in there!

From what my PI told me, interview days are tomorrow and Friday =/ unless you're on your PI's waitlist, which you should have been informed of already. Probably not the info you want to hear :( Best of luck! 

5 minutes ago, Raz16 said:

From what my PI told me, interview days are tomorrow and Friday =/ unless you're on your PI's waitlist, which you should have been informed of already. Probably not the info you want to hear :( Best of luck! 

I appreciate the information! Best of luck with your interview :)