LAKEHEAD HBSW 2021

JMarble

On 4/23/2021 at 2:29 PM, CindyB said:

Nothing for me. I’ve been wondering the same thing. Would anybody be willing to share whether they’ll accept or decline and to which campus? 

Also wondering if anybody knows if there were more than usual applications this year? I thought I read somewhere on the MSW forum it was the case with MSW applications?

Good luck!?

I accepted my offer to the Orillia campus. I had emailed Madge a few questions and she had mentioned she will be sending more info out early May (I think because there are so many last minute acceptances/declines April 30th). Cheering you on! 

3 hours ago, GraceLeC said:

I accepted my offer to the Orillia campus. I had emailed Madge a few questions and she had mentioned she will be sending more info out early May (I think because there are so many last minute acceptances/declines April 30th). Cheering you on! 

Thanks for sharing! Thank you for cheering? 

Hiya, does anyone know how OSAP works for this program? It starts at such a weird time in the year that I'm not sure how to go about applying for OSAP. Do we apply for 2020-2021 school year to cover Jul-Aug and reapply once 2021-2022 is available for the rest of the months?

2 hours ago, SocialWork123 said:

Hiya, does anyone know how OSAP works for this program? It starts at such a weird time in the year that I'm not sure how to go about applying for OSAP. Do we apply for 2020-2021 school year to cover Jul-Aug and reapply once 2021-2022 is available for the rest of the months?

Hey! I had the exact same question and this is what Student Central said to me: "Since your program starts before August 1, you should be completing the 2020/2021 OSAP application that is currently available. When you apply, your OSAP application will cover July 2021 - April 2022. You only need to create a single OSAP application." 

I hope this helps! ?

32 minutes ago, HBSW2021 said:

Hey! I had the exact same question and this is what Student Central said to me: "Since your program starts before August 1, you should be completing the 2020/2021 OSAP application that is currently available. When you apply, your OSAP application will cover July 2021 - April 2022. You only need to create a single OSAP application." 

I hope this helps! ?

Thank you so much, that is so helpful!! :)

Does anyone know how long it takes for your offer of admission/admission decision to show up on the OUAC site? I have received the official offer of admission from Lakehead's enrolment services but nothing is showing up on OUAC beside my choices when I click 'choices/offers' on the OUAC application. 

3 hours ago, JMarble said:

Is there a Facebook page for the Orillia Campus HBSW students ?

Hey @JMarble and to other fellow Orillia attendees, I created a group on fb for Lakehead's 2021-2022 HSBW Orillia cohort where we can ask each other questions, share feedback and get to know eachother more! You are welcome to join ?:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/263556488786359

Edited by Lovey1115

2 hours ago, Lovey1115 said:

Does anyone know how long it takes for your offer of admission/admission decision to show up on the OUAC site? I have received the official offer of admission from Lakehead's enrolment services but nothing is showing up on OUAC beside my choices when I click 'choices/offers' on the OUAC application. 

I think mine took a couple of days for sure! I checked maybe a day or two after I got my offer and there was nothing, and then I didn't check for awhile but next time I logged on it was there. Not a great answer here lol, but it definitely takes a little bit to show up!!

24 minutes ago, Lina.a said:

PS. Does anyone know how to accept Offer on OUAC, I logged in and it says "Alternate offer" . I will call tomorrow to ask but if anyone knows what is the procedure that could be helpful

I believe that is the offer off the waitlist but I emailed Madge just to confirm! I think maybe because it's not from the 1st round of acceptance but from the waitlist that is why it says alternate offer. 

15 hours ago, SocialWork123 said:

I wonder when Madge is going to email us information. It starts in less than 2 months a other than the course registration, I feel like I'm in the dark lol!

I was thinking the same thing! Madge emailed me on April 27th and advised me to keep an eye out on some important information she will be sending out in early May and still no word! I've been checking my email constantly lol. 

Has anyone else registered for their Summer 2021 courses yet? I understand we're supposed to be taking these 4 courses in the summer semester:  Social Work 1100, Social Work 2011, Social Work 2012, Social Work 3401, however when I select them all, and go to pre-register, it shows that they conflict with eachother in the timetable, even though the starting dates for these courses are staggered. Are we supposed to register for all 4 courses at once? 

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 9.21.50 AM.png

6 minutes ago, Lovey1115 said:

Has anyone else registered for their Summer 2021 courses yet? I understand we're supposed to be taking these 4 courses in the summer semester:  Social Work 1100, Social Work 2011, Social Work 2012, Social Work 3401, however when I select them all, and go to pre-register, it shows that they conflict with eachother in the timetable, even though the starting dates for these courses are staggered. Are we supposed to register for all 4 courses at once? 

Mine looks the exact same! I wonder if it's because the system isn't used to courses only being 2 weeks long, so it thinks they're all happening concurrently? I also tried out that "proof of enrolment" form to test whether it's registering that I signed up for all 4 courses, and it's considering me a part time student despite signing up for all 4...

image.png.d5ec39d53cb0e681e4f46aa9a841babb.png

I really want Madge to email us lol I want answers for all of this!!!

16 minutes ago, Lovey1115 said:

3 minutes ago, SocialWork123 said:

Mine looks the exact same! I wonder if it's because the system isn't used to courses only being 2 weeks long, so it thinks they're all happening concurrently? I also tried out that "proof of enrolment" form to test whether it's registering that I signed up for all 4 courses, and it's considering me a part time student despite signing up for all 4...

I'm not sure if I see what you see @Lovey1115... When I go to "View My Course Schedule/Timetable" mine says I'm registered in the four courses I think? But I just checked my Enrolment Verification/Confirmation of Enrolment Form @SocialWork123 and it says "Attendance: Part-time" as well. ?

HBSWSummer2021Timetable.PNG

4 hours ago, SocialWork123 said:

I emailed the academic advisor Tess Buchanan, and she fwded my inquiry to Madge who said:

Hi Tess,
Another student had told me about this issue as well.  Tell her to go ahead and register for all the courses.  It's because the classes run right after the other that it shows up as a conflict.
There you have it. Keep your selections. The issue will be overcome as the courses become active.

So it looks like we are good to go ahead and register for the courses anyway. I feel like it's most likely because the courses are around 2 weeks long that it shows part time status but hopefully they can clear this up as well!