Midwestern University Glendale Interview

Hi everyone!

I received an invite to interview with MWU in Glendale. I'm excited since this is my second time applying. I was on the interview waitlist the first time and my GRE stats are higher now. What should I expect (questions, suggestions, advice) and what will help prepare me? The interview will be virtual, so it saves a trip to the school.

Thank you :)

Edited by Liza_Ann_92
typo

Hey, I'm a student at MWU. Definitely have a good understanding of what Speech and Language are together and separately. Other than that, have good examples of your experiences and show them you can speak to them as a person. My GRE scores and GPA were not strong at all, so you will do well. I had a lot of experience as an RBT and am trilingual which helped. 

You will learn so much in this program! 

On 12/14/2020 at 2:48 PM, Emehteg1 said:

Hey, I'm a student at MWU. Definitely have a good understanding of what Speech and Language are together and separately. Other than that, have good examples of your experiences and show them you can speak to them as a person. My GRE scores and GPA were not strong at all, so you will do well. I had a lot of experience as an RBT and am trilingual which helped. 

You will learn so much in this program! 

Very awesome! Thanks for the tips :) 

My GPA and GRE scores aren't anything to brag about. They're not strong but I plan to talk about my work and tie them into speech path.

7 hours ago, cathea26 said:

Hi, congrats on getting an interview!! I have not submitted my app for Midwestern yet. But I was wondering if you submitted a personal statement? I know it is optional for their program but I'm feeling like it would be best to do so anyways, so I was just wondering if you did. 

Hi! I did submit a personal statement. I figured why not do it and see what happens lol :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! I just received an invitation to interview and wanted to ask how the interview process was for you (especially since it was online)? Anything you suggest that I look into in terms of preparing for the interview?

16 hours ago, speakgrace said:

Hey! I just received an invitation to interview and wanted to ask how the interview process was for you (especially since it was online)? Anything you suggest that I look into in terms of preparing for the interview?

Hi! Congratulations on getting an interview! Everything is virtual. We completed a 30-minute writing sample (camera's on) where we received prompts in the chat, wrote the essay on a word document, and emailed it to the admissions counselor. We were called in groups of 3 doing individual interviews. They give you 15 minutes. It was relaxed and the professors want to get to know you and what inspires you to pursue a career as an SLP. I'd prepare a list of questions to help you prep and questions for them as well.

Good luck!! Be confident and own it :)

• 2 weeks later...

I received an acceptance yesterday afternoon! I'm conflicted as I have committed to my top choice. MWU has a great program and it's 30 minutes from me, but it's pricy and full-time ?

• 2 years later...
On 1/5/2021 at 12:26 AM, speakgrace said:

Hey, were you accepted?

On 1/16/2021 at 10:37 AM, Liza_Ann_92 said:

I received an acceptance yesterday afternoon! I'm conflicted as I have committed to my top choice. MWU has a great program and it's 30 minutes from me, but it's pricy and full-time ?

Hey, did you eventually accept the offer?