Fall 2021 Cognitive Psychology / Cognitive Neuroscience

psychgogogo

10 hours ago, Michno said:

Congratulations!

What is your program? Is it Computational Cognitive Science Track?

It's the general Cognitive Science program, I didn't apply for the specialized Computational track. 

On 1/13/2021 at 11:17 PM, psycholy said:

School:  Tufts University

Type: PhD

Date of invite:  Jan 5

Type of invite:  Preliminary Interview from POI

Interview date(s):  Jan 8

Would you mind sharing if you have any information about the department interview? Thank you!

School: Drexel University

Type: PhD, Applied Cognitive and Brain Sciences

Date of invite: Jan. 14

Type of invite: Official interview from POI and program director

Interview date(s): Social event on Feb. 10; Interview on Feb. 11 or Feb. 12.

On 1/17/2021 at 8:45 PM, hohohoholly said:

Would you mind sharing if you have any information about the department interview? Thank you!

I did prelim interview with an POI in early Jan and the POI did mention the next step would be a formal interview with the committee. I haven't heard back so I'm not sure about the exact date, but my guess is probably late Jun/Early Feb? Hope this helps!

On 1/18/2021 at 2:35 PM, janggeum said:

School: Drexel University

Type: PhD, Applied Cognitive and Brain Sciences

Date of invite: Jan. 14

Type of invite: Official interview from POI and program director

Interview date(s): Social event on Feb. 10; Interview on Feb. 11 or Feb. 12.

Do you mind sharing the initials of your POI?

5 hours ago, psycholy said:

I did prelim interview with an POI in early Jan and the POI did mention the next step would be a formal interview with the committee. I haven't heard back so I'm not sure about the exact date, but my guess is probably late Jun/Early Feb? Hope this helps!

I second this to the OP poster. I received an interview in early jan, but my POI said that they wouldn’t be contacting anyone for formal interviews until the end of Jan. 

School: Syracuse university 

Date of invite: 1/23/21

Type of invite: email from a faculty member inviting me to a virtual visit day.

Interview date(s): 2/12/21

It was weird how they didn’t tell me who I was interviewing with and I didn’t apply to the faculty member that emailed me. 

Does anyone understand why there are 3 acceptances to Columbia's Psych PhD program in the results section? Did they just skip official interviews all together?

On 1/18/2021 at 2:45 PM, janggeum said:

Curious to know if anyone has heard from Boston University, Brown, Columbia, MIT, NYU, Princeton, or Yale?

Thanks and good luck!

I had three formal interviews with different faculty members at Brown and received an invite to their formal visiting/viewing day. I also applied to BU but have not heard anything from them. Good luck!

On 1/26/2021 at 1:46 AM, merry go round said:

School: UMass Amherst

Date of invite: 1/24/21

Type of invite: email from PI for an unofficial interview, and email from the department for a virtual open house day

Interview date(s): 2/5/21

Would you mind share the initial POI?tks

20 hours ago, mouseinhouse said:

I had three formal interviews with different faculty members at Brown and received an invite to their formal visiting/viewing day. I also applied to BU but have not heard anything from them. Good luck!

Hey I had a formal interview at Brown too but yet to hear anything back. Did you receive an official university email about the visit day or was it an email from your POI? Also when is the visit day if you don't mind me asking? Thank you in advance!

PS also waiting to hear something, anything back from BU

4 hours ago, WonderingMind_ said:

Hey I had a formal interview at Brown too but yet to hear anything back. Did you receive an official university email about the visit day or was it an email from your POI? Also when is the visit day if you don't mind me asking? Thank you in advance!

PS also waiting to hear something, anything back from BU

The e-mail was from my POI! The e-mail sounded like it wasn't personally written by him, like it was a formal paragraph invitation, but my POI has really been my only point of contact (I have never received any e-mails from 'Brown Psych'). But the visiting day isn't until February 19, so I'm sure not all invitations have been send out!! Good luck & I hope that helps :)

16 minutes ago, mouseinhouse said:

The e-mail was from my POI! The e-mail sounded like it wasn't personally written by him, like it was a formal paragraph invitation, but my POI has really been my only point of contact (I have never received any e-mails from 'Brown Psych'). But the visiting day isn't until February 19, so I'm sure not all invitations have been send out!! Good luck & I hope that helps :)

Oh I see, thank you for sharing! I haven't received any official Brown emails either, everything has been through my POI. He was kind of late sending me an interview invite and he is a little sporadic in his replies so I'm hoping he just hasn't got round to emailing me about the visiting day ?

Congratulations on your invite! Maybe see you February 19th if things go well for me ?

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the cognitive neuroscience field, and I am curious about the program at University of Miami. I am hoping to get more information about their cognitive and behavioral neuroscience program. I have been focusing on clinical for years, but I would like to explore other options, and I would really appreciate it if you guys could share what you know about that program. 

1 hour ago, mgStewart said:

Has anyone heard from USC or UCIrvine?

The USC interviews were last week 2/4-2/5. They told me they want to make their decision by the end of this week. (Meaning on Friday- not earlier in the week).

Edited by jess_jess

1 hour ago, mgStewart said:

Has anyone heard from USC or UCIrvine?

I interviewed with UCI Neuro and Cognitive Science and haven't heard anything yet. Their final interviews were last weekend. Does anyone have a timeline on UCI?