Fall 2021 Cognitive Psychology / Cognitive Neuroscience

psychgogogo

20 hours ago, kenzieph said:

I was thinking of reaching out Monday, but if it seems like other Yale offers are going out tomorrow, I might email tomorrow. 

Hi, just want to update that the committee hasn't discussed about the final list.

1 minute ago, EllieZ said:

Hi, just want to update that the committee hasn't discussed about the final list.

Oooh, thanks! I will be patient then. 

18 hours ago, MM_cogsci said:

Would anyone be interested in starting a discord server or creating our own Cognitive forum? I'm a Cognitive Pysch and Cognitive Science applicant and since there's relatively fewer of us, I think we could benefit from starting our own little online community. I think it'd be nice to talk about research interests and the application process and such. If anyone's interested I can start one, or if you know of something like this that's already going on please let me know.

Yea, I'd be in! 

School: University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign

Type: PhD

Date of invite: December 17th

Type of invite: Prelim interview with POI (can DM for initials)

Interview date(s): Jan 5th

I forgot to post earlier, but POI gave me some info about the interview process. Cognitive Psych program received over 200 apps and prelim interviews were this week and possibly next week. There are still official interviews to come.  

School: University of Louisville

Date of invite: 1/1/2021

Type of invite: POI reached out to discuss research interests, his lab, and the program. Seemed informal in how he described it, however it was the actual interview. Set me up with one of his graduate students in his lab to get more information about the program from a students perspective and speak with her about how his lab operates.

Interview date(s): 1/3/21 & 1/5/2021

School: University of Toledo

Date of invite: 12/22/2020

Type of invite: Official interview extended by the program coordinator. 

Interview date(s): 2/5/2021 or 2/8/2021

Has anyone received an official invite from UCLA Cognitive Psychology? I received an invite for the formal interview from a POI last Wednesday but haven't gotten an official department email. I already thought it was too good to be true, so it's making me nervous! Should I follow up with the POI or wait a bit more? Thanks!

On 1/11/2021 at 2:20 PM, EeveeW said:

School: UPenn Psychology

Date of invite: Jan 10

Type of invite:  email 

Interview date(s):Jan 22

I thought I did pretty bad on prelim interview, but got the interview invite yesterday wow..

Hi, congrats! do you mind sharing your POI's initial?  Many thanks! 

3 hours ago, space8 said:

Has anyone received an official invite from UCLA Cognitive Psychology? I received an invite for the formal interview from a POI last Wednesday but haven't gotten an official department email. I already thought it was too good to be true, so it's making me nervous! Should I follow up with the POI or wait a bit more? Thanks!

Hey, congrats on the UCLA interview! To answer your question: I think you should wait to email. Last year when I interviewed at UCLA, I received the invite from my POI on Jan. 8th and then received an email from the faculty member organizing the interviews on Jan. 15th. I don't know how they're organizing things this year (didn't re-apply), but if I were you, I'd wait at least a couple more days before reaching out to anyone. Hope this helps!

School: Johns Hopkins University - Cognitive Science

Type: PhD

Date of Invite: Jan 15

Type of Invite: Official (virtual) visit/recruitment event 

For some reason, this email went right into my promotions email stack since it was sent by faculty via a .net domain – so relieved I spotted it!

17 hours ago, Supe said:

School: Johns Hopkins University - Cognitive Science

Type: PhD

Date of Invite: Jan 15

Type of Invite: Official (virtual) visit/recruitment event 

For some reason, this email went right into my promotions email stack since it was sent by faculty via a .net domain – so relieved I spotted it!

Congratulations!

What is your program? Is it Computational Cognitive Science Track?