Fall 2021 Cognitive Psychology / Cognitive Neuroscience

psychgogogo

Hello all! I haven't seen a cog thread so thought I would just make one. I copied the template from last year's thread. Gook luck to us all!!

Here's a little template we can use:

School:

Type: PhD/MA/MS/etc

Date of invite:

Type of invite: Mass email, email from PI, phone call, etc.

Interview date(s):

Yay! I'm so excited this thread was made so I can stop creeping around in the clinical threads lol

School: University of Tennessee, Knoxville (Cognitive and Developmental Science track of their Experimental program)

Type: PhD

Date of invite: December 4th

Type of invite: E-mail invite from PI I listed as my top choice

Interview date(s): January 29th (tentative, subject to change as they are in the planning stages)

School:   Georgia State University (Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience track)

Type: PhD

Date of invite: December 18

Type of invite: E-mail invite from department chair

Interview date(s):  Week of January 25-29

sounds pretty flexible but they want everyone to attend the orientation session on the 25th, and then meet with at least three faculty, a session with current students, and a tour of the neuroimaging center during that week. So excited!

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting on U Chicago - I emailed their grad program coordinator and she said that invitations will be sent the second week of January. I'm about to email Columbia as well - those are my last two! 

And - anyone who's applying to Stanford, I'm a current research coordinator there, and am happy to answer any questions about life here, good and bad!  

11 hours ago, HegelsDialectics21 said:

Has anyone heard back from UCLA (cognitive area)?

I got an email from a POI saying that I got an interview. The interview dates are Jan 29-30, and the Cognitive area met earlier this week to discuss apps. I haven't gotten an official notice, but they are sending them out soon! 

I haven't heard anything *from Yale aside from the post in the results, but I did a preliminary interview with a PI in December who said that she'd email me in January either way. 

Edited by kenzieph
specify school

4 hours ago, kenzieph said:

I haven't heard anything *from Yale aside from the post in the results, but I did a preliminary interview with a PI in December who said that she'd email me in January either way. 

Same here, haven't heard back from POI who interviewed me in Dec. Are you planning to reach out tomorrow?

30 minutes ago, kenzieph said:

I was thinking of reaching out Monday, but if it seems like other Yale offers are going out tomorrow, I might email tomorrow. 

Me too. Let's keep each other updated, and fingers crossed!

Would anyone be interested in starting a discord server or creating our own Cognitive forum? I'm a Cognitive Pysch and Cognitive Science applicant and since there's relatively fewer of us, I think we could benefit from starting our own little online community. I think it'd be nice to talk about research interests and the application process and such. If anyone's interested I can start one, or if you know of something like this that's already going on please let me know.

12 hours ago, MM_cogsci said:

Would anyone be interested in starting a discord server or creating our own Cognitive forum? I'm a Cognitive Pysch and Cognitive Science applicant and since there's relatively fewer of us, I think we could benefit from starting our own little online community. I think it'd be nice to talk about research interests and the application process and such. If anyone's interested I can start one, or if you know of something like this that's already going on please let me know.

I would potentially be interested if other people are :) 

16 hours ago, MM_cogsci said:

I would be interested!!

18 hours ago, MM_cogsci said:

Yeah, let's do that!