Fall 2021 Cognitive Psychology / Cognitive Neuroscience

Hello all! I haven't seen a cog thread so thought I would just make one. I copied the template from last year's thread. Gook luck to us all!!

Here's a little template we can use:

School:

Type: PhD/MA/MS/etc

Date of invite:

Type of invite: Mass email, email from PI, phone call, etc.

Interview date(s):

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all! I haven't seen a cog thread so thought I would just make one. I copied the template from last year's thread. Gook luck to us all!!   Here's a little template we can use: Scho

Yay! I'm so excited this thread was made so I can stop creeping around in the clinical threads lol School: University of Tennessee, Knoxville (Cognitive and Developmental Science track of their E

From the Columbia grad coordinator -  "Thank you for your interest - since the Prospective Student Day is set for Feb 18/19, our faculty has not made the decisions just yet. I am expecting this to hap

Yay! I'm so excited this thread was made so I can stop creeping around in the clinical threads lol

School: University of Tennessee, Knoxville (Cognitive and Developmental Science track of their Experimental program)

Type: PhD

Date of invite: December 4th

Type of invite: E-mail invite from PI I listed as my top choice

Interview date(s): January 29th (tentative, subject to change as they are in the planning stages)

School:   Georgia State University (Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience track)

Date of invite: December 18

Type of invite: E-mail invite from department chair

Interview date(s):  Week of January 25-29

sounds pretty flexible but they want everyone to attend the orientation session on the 25th, and then meet with at least three faculty, a session with current students, and a tour of the neuroimaging center during that week. So excited!

2 hours ago, default_mode123 said:

has anyone heard from Duke? And for stanford poster i haven’t heard anything but that was also my reach school

Which area did you apply to? I applied to the cognitive area. Good luck to you!

23 hours ago, HegelsDialectics21 said:

Still can't believe it!! 😭

School: Duke University

Date of invite: 5 January 2021

Type of invite: Email from graduate program director. 

Interview date(s): Feb. 4th and/or 5th

do you mind listing your PI initials?? i had a bunch of prelim interviews before apps were due and haven’t heard anything 😕

Still waiting on U Chicago - I emailed their grad program coordinator and she said that invitations will be sent the second week of January. I'm about to email Columbia as well - those are my last two! 

And - anyone who's applying to Stanford, I'm a current research coordinator there, and am happy to answer any questions about life here, good and bad!  

1 hour ago, kenzieph said:

Still waiting on U Chicago - I emailed their grad program coordinator and she said that invitations will be sent the second week of January. I'm about to email Columbia as well - those are my last two! 

And - anyone who's applying to Stanford, I'm a current research coordinator there, and am happy to answer any questions about life here, good and bad!  

Thanks so much for the info! Now I can relax a little knowing that chicago won't come until next week 😅 Also, I would love to know what you find out about Columbia!

9 hours ago, default_mode123 said:

do you mind listing your PI initials?? i had a bunch of prelim interviews before apps were due and haven’t heard anything 😕

Hey, I prefer not to list the PI's initials publicly, but I can tell you that their last name starts with an "M." You said you applied to an affective neuroscience program, right? If so, I am almost certain that you didn't apply to this PI (their research interests lie within a completely different domain). Hope this helps! 

P.S. I wouldn't despair just yet! I've heard that some programs are taking longer than usual to send out invites because of COVID. If you've had prelim interviews, I'd say that's really encouraging :) 

Edited by HegelsDialectics21
11 hours ago, HegelsDialectics21 said:

Has anyone heard back from UCLA (cognitive area)?

I got an email from a POI saying that I got an interview. The interview dates are Jan 29-30, and the Cognitive area met earlier this week to discuss apps. I haven't gotten an official notice, but they are sending them out soon!