ETH Zurich [ETHZ] 2021: Admissions and ESOP/ETH-D Decisions

Lina-H

1 hour ago, ivera1 said:

Rejected this morning for D-HEST admission. Well, that was a waste of 150 CHF. Thanks all for wishing me well nonetheless.

Good luck to the rest of you guys, and hope everyone hears some news soon!

Oh no! I'm so sorry! I'm so surprised that people who got interviews still get rejected! What a way to give false hope :( Anyway, I wish you great success in your future!

12 hours ago, Joelle_M said:

Are ESOP interview invites already out? is it departemental or do all interview invites go out at the same time?

Each department does them at a different time. Some departments have already finished their interviews, some others maybe haven't started.. I am not sure this is kinda guessing from previous years.

6 hours ago, ivera1 said:

Rejected this morning for D-HEST admission. Well, that was a waste of 150 CHF. Thanks all for wishing me well nonetheless.

Good luck to the rest of you guys, and hope everyone hears some news soon!

i'm so sorry!  it's definitely unfortunate to be rejected based on program specs. the fact that you were interviewed means your profile is pretty impressive so coupled with better luck you'll surely do great elsewhere. All the best ❤️ 

On 2/9/2021 at 5:14 PM, Ottermax said:

Hi Friends ?

I applied for MSc in Materials Science. Hoping for the best for everyone!

Me too! Haven't heard absolutely anything :( I submitted my application Nov. 22nd. I hope we can get it :) Keep me posted if you hear anything! Did you apply to any other places?

Edited by Mauricio De Leo

2 hours ago, Mauricio De Leo said:

Me too! Haven't heard absolutely anything :( I submitted my application Nov. 22nd. I hope we can get it :) Keep me posted if you hear anything! Did you apply to any other places?

Hi Mauricio. I applied to some terminal PhD programs in the US but haven't had much luck thus far ? But yea, fingers crossed for good news to come.

On 1/23/2021 at 10:37 AM, spinozium said:

Greetings! ??

I have applied for the MA in Comparative and International studies, yet not for any scholarship as I already hold an MSc. 

I haven't heard from them, too. 

I applied to the same program. Have you heard back? 

2 hours ago, serpentine18 said:

I was interviewed last Monday for the ESOP fellowship. The program adviser of the MSc in Earth Sciences (Geology) said there are only 4 slots for the ESOP/ETH-D in the department this year. I hope I get it as I have no means of living in Zurich without funding 

Doesn't it usually more than 60 slots?