ETH Zurich [ETHZ] 2021: Admissions and ESOP/ETH-D Decisions

Lina-H

3 hours ago, Bowen Wang said:

I applied to Electrical Engineering MSc program and they seems to send a lot of admissions, but I still hear nothing from them...... I don't know if I have to worry about it. Anyone know if they work during the weekends? Should I expect a dicision in the following two days?

I suppose that they send the emails following the order of the first letter of your family name. I know that people whose family name start with H, L and P have received the emails in turn. Don't worry about that.

On 2/20/2021 at 12:09 AM, silentassassin007 said:

I think it varies from department to department. Like all ITET guys have got a generic mail and their portal is updated. Similarly for your department, I think you are getting an official mail first and changes in the portal will reflect later. I don't think you should be wary about it.

Congratulations :)

this was comforting to read, thank you! :)

Hi everyone,

To all those that are yet to receive their results, on the application portal is the "Withdraw" button still showing for you guys ? And to those who received an admit - how many days before getting the admit did the "Withdraw" button disappear ?

Sorry, just getting a but anxious because I can still see the "Withdraw" button on mine and I'm not sure what to make of that

Withdraw button is not related to the application results. For some of the people it didn't disappear even after the acceptances. So don't be anxious about it.

45 minutes ago, Vasvi said:

Hi everyone,

To all those that are yet to receive their results, on the application portal is the "Withdraw" button still showing for you guys ? And to those who received an admit - how many days before getting the admit did the "Withdraw" button disappear ?

Sorry, just getting a but anxious because I can still see the "Withdraw" button on mine and I'm not sure what to make of that

2 hours ago, nishix said:

Withdraw button is not related to the application results. For some of the people it didn't disappear even after the acceptances. So don't be anxious about it.

Ah okay, thank you so much for clarifying this!

Can confirm, withdraw button did not disappear before or after acceptance, and I know because I was furiously refreshing the page WHILE I received the email lol!

Also yes my family name starts with M so I believe that's why my application was decided on Friday - nothing to do with their decision pattern or otherwise. Best of luck and wishes to all of you guys!! 

5 minutes ago, Wlucey said:

Yeah I applied for both Biomedical Engineering and Biotechnology. I understand that they recieve many applications and the whole pandemic-situation is not making admission easier, but the suspense is killing me. I have not heard anything from both.

Same!! I've been obsessively checking this forum and their portal. All the best! May we hear positively soon.

21 minutes ago, nishix said:

Just received my admit for Robotics Masters! ??

Would love to connect with the other applicants/admits who are planning to join this fall'21 at ETH :)

Join my discord if you wish -

https://discord.gg/duWYV4dmv3

Congratulations :)

Btw anyone from Electrical or any other branch has any word from the faculty/ETH on ESOP?

7 hours ago, Gaatha Bhatia said:

Is anybody waiting to hear back decisions regarding MSc. Biomedical Engineering?

The decisions for Robotics, Systems and Control seem to have been communicated, and they fall under the same Department i.e. BSSE, does that mean I could hear back soon? 

I applied for the Biomedical Engineering program as well. Still no news. 

13 hours ago, Wlucey said:

Yeah I applied for both Biomedical Engineering and Biotechnology. I understand that they recieve many applications and the whole pandemic-situation is not making admission easier, but the suspense is killing me. I have not heard anything from both.

I applied to BioMed too! I didn't know that you could apply to two programs simultaneously ? However, the wait is killing me. Hope we all get positive results :)

Does anyone know how competitive is admission to the High Energy Physics Msc.? I am a top 5% graduate from a physics department in the Balkans, but that and a senior thesis are the only positive points that I have. No papers, no academic awards/scholarships etc. no nothing of that kind.

33 minutes ago, curiousmind6 said:

Hi, did anyone apply for Masters in Material Science (D-MATL)? Heard back from them? This endless wait ain't getting any easier ?

I applied and also haven't heard a word from them ? According to the posted results from previous years, they should begin sending out decisions this week ?

11 minutes ago, Gaatha Bhatia said:

I just got a mail saying my decision for Biomedical Engineering has been posted on the portal. It says Decided ESOP requested. Does that mean accepted?? 

I guess so. Otherwise ESOP would not be requested. Try clicking on the name of the program in your portal...will prompt you to download a pdf I think. The pdf will most probably have the decision in it. 

22 minutes ago, curiousmind6 said:

I guess so. Otherwise ESOP would not be requested. Try clicking on the name of the program in your portal...will prompt you to download a pdf I think. The pdf will most probably have the decision in it. 

Oh right, I just saw the letter. I got so anxious I didn't even notice it before, thanks for telling me. It does mean accepted!! Super happy and excited ♥️♥️