ETH Zurich [ETHZ] 2021: Admissions and ESOP/ETH-D Decisions

Lina-H

57 minutes ago, adg99 said:

Did anyone hear any news for the MSc Quantum Engineering course?

That's part run by physics department right, and I don't think anyones heard about the MSc Physics either. They seem to be running bit behind compared to normal.

On 2/19/2021 at 9:42 PM, Lina-H said:

I received my admission offer for the MSc in Integrated Building Systems (MIBS) earlier today (10 AM GMT). I got an email from the department's "head of student administration", and the offer letter (dated today, February 19th) was attached and included additional information about the program, starting date, and so on. 

What's weird is that nothing changed on the portal. I didn't get the generic email to check my status. Status is still "under review" and there's still nothing regarding ESOP. I'm a bit wary about feeling relieved before the portal is updated.

Anyone having the same issue?  

Congratz! By the way do you mind sharing your profile? I am applying to the same program but I haven’t heard anything yet :(

On 2/25/2021 at 6:29 PM, Syyy said:

Congratz! By the way do you mind sharing your profile? I am applying to the same program but I haven’t heard anything yet :(

Thank you!

I'm an international student, with a BE in Civil and Environmental Engineering from a top university in the middle east and a 3.99/4 GPA (yes i know it looks as ridiculous as the 99.99% detergent efficacy claims but it's true?). GRE scores: 165V, 169Q, and 5W. I have no publications and no relevant work experience or relevant internships. I did receive three awards for my group final year project, though. (It was a materials research paper, focused on developing a modified asphalt mix that lasts longer and is more sustainable. So it's not really related but one of the awards was a sustainability-focused one so it might have boosted my profile.) 

my application status still says "under review" but i was too impatient and eventually emailed the department to know if there's been a mixup, and they confirmed my acceptance. I think they're planning to update the portal once they're done with all applications, so don't worry they're not done yet! 

Good luck?

5 hours ago, Lina-H said:

Thank you!

I'm an international student, with a BE in Civil and Environmental Engineering from a top university in the middle east and a 3.99/4 GPA (yes i know it looks as ridiculous as the 99.99% detergent efficacy claims but it's true?). GRE scores: 165V, 169Q, and 5W. I have no publications and no relevant work experience or relevant internships. I did receive three awards for my group final year project, though. (It was a materials research paper, focused on developing a modified asphalt mix that lasts longer and is more sustainable. So it's not really related but one of the awards was a sustainability-focused one so it might have boosted my profile.) 

my application status still says "under review" but i was too impatient and eventually emailed the department to know if there's been a mixup, and they confirmed my acceptance. I think they're planning to update the portal once they're done with all applications, so don't worry they're not done yet! 

Good luck?

Thank you so much!

2 hours ago, QW2 said:

I was so surprised that I got my ESOP interview invitation yesterday, and it said my interview would be on March 5th. I think I’m a back-up candidate. This update was really late, so don’t lose hope!

May I ask for which programme have you applied for?

10 hours ago, QW2 said:

I was so surprised that I got my ESOP interview invitation yesterday, and it said my interview would be on March 5th. I think I’m a back-up candidate. This update was really late, so don’t lose hope!

This is great news thanks for the update? Good luck in your interview!

On 2/25/2021 at 12:03 PM, Gaatha Bhatia said:

I just got a mail saying my decision for Biomedical Engineering has been posted on the portal. It says Decided ESOP requested. Does that mean accepted?? 

Does "ESOP requested" in your opinion only means that you have apllied for it or that your departement requested for it at the rector's office ?

4 minutes ago, Hin Z said:

Does "ESOP requested" in your opinion only means that you have apllied for it or that your departement requested for it at the rector's office ?

I believe everyone who applied to ESOP and got admitted to Masters Programme, have "ESOP requested" in the system which means that U have applied for it.

13 minutes ago, Hin Z said:

I've actually thought about the same thing. It could honestly mean both, we have requested for it, and consequently the department has put in a request to the concerned office. Either way, we'll have to appear for the interview to take the request further.

On 1/27/2021 at 2:51 PM, ManuApp said:

Sure. Swiss applicant, studied medicine at University of Zurich and got my master's degree in Oct 2020. Now applying for admission to the MSc in statistics. Ok grades, ok GRE, no publications. Not the most conventional background and therefore also not to optimistic about my chances?.

Got accepted to the MSc in Statistics last week. Extremely excited about the offer :)