ETH Zurich [ETHZ] 2021: Admissions and ESOP/ETH-D Decisions

Lina-H

5 minutes ago, ayushd718 said:

I had the interview a while ago. I don't think that has anything to do with how it appears I suppose lol. 

Screenshot_20210319-033410_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c26bbc82615cafeb10673ce0b512a6d7.jpg

But decided could mean that you are nominated by the department (kind of "Nomination decided") OR requested could mean that you are nominated by the department and the request is still not "decided" by the committee. ;) 

I know from others that an interview is not mandatory to receive ESOP / ETH-D. 

On 3/19/2021 at 1:15 PM, billie95 said:

But decided could mean that you are nominated by the department (kind of "Nomination decided") OR requested could mean that you are nominated by the department and the request is still not "decided" by the committee. ;) 

I know from others that an interview is not mandatory to receive ESOP / ETH-D. 

This "decided" is for the admission decision I believe, not ESOP decision. 

On 3/11/2021 at 11:57 PM, Lina-H said:

I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to accept either although it's my top choice. I still have to sort out the financial aspect.. i don't know how it works at ETH but maybe you can accept the offer and transfer to the program you prefer in the second semester or so? 

By the way, were you invited for an interview for ESOP? How did it go?

17 hours ago, konina_power said:

By the way, were you invited for an interview for ESOP? How did it go?

No i wasn't. It's unlikely that i will be anymore since we're in the final week of march already..but i haven't heard of anyone from my department who was interviewed and i recently knew that it has happened in previous years that ESOP was granted with no interview so i guess we still have a thin sliver of hope! 

1 hour ago, CanadaEngg said:

Does anyone know if it's necessary to accept your MSc offer at ETH prior to the ESOP decisions being announced in order to be eligible?

No, for sure, at least because the deadline for submission of the registration form is the end of April 2021 :)

Otherwise, it does not make sense. Majority of us will probably deny the offer if the funding issue is not settled, so they will have some extra work to do if too many people will submit the form and later deny the offer.

p.s. This is just my based-on-nothing opinion)

Edited by konina_power

1 hour ago, konina_power said:

No, for sure, at least because the deadline for submission of the registration form is the end of April 2021 :)

Otherwise, it does not make sense. Majority of us will probably deny the offer if the funding issue is not settled, so they will have some extra work to do if too many people will submit the form and later deny the offer.

p.s. This is just my based-on-nothing opinion)

Wonder how many people actually would go without funding. I had ignored the cost since I already accepted an offer from another school, but looking at it now, the total cost is around 60k usd. That's nontrivial even for developed country people..

Hi, I received my admission letters for the RSC and ITET programs around the end of February but I am still awaiting for the ESOP/ETH-D decision before making a decision about which program to go for (I haven't been contacted for any interviews). Anyone knows if you still receive a notification email in case you have been rejected for the ESOP and haven't conducted an interview? Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, konina_power said:

For those guys who got the interview,

Did they tell you when approx. they will release the results? And has anyone already received an email from them?

Please, keep us posted. Thanks a lot.

I got in interview in late February, i don't know when they will release the results. But I don't think results are out yet 

5 hours ago, FJW-DT said:

I got in interview in late February, i don't know when they will release the results. But I don't think results are out yet 

Same! 

The website says by the end of March so I am guessing we will know soon! 

Finger crossed! The wait is killing me