ETH Zurich [ETHZ] 2021: Admissions and ESOP/ETH-D Decisions

Lina-H

20 minutes ago, antoineetantoine said:

Has anybody heard from the Physics Master (or Q.Engineering/High Energy Physics Master)? Or has anyone contacted the Physics department?

Nope. Seems to be later than normal.

If anything like my current/last universities maths and physics departments, the outcomes wont come on a Monday. They need at least one or 2 days worth of post-weekend final deliberation committees ?

Edited by DB_S

5 hours ago, antoineetantoine said:

Has anybody heard from the Physics Master (or Q.Engineering/High Energy Physics Master)? Or has anyone contacted the Physics department?

Heard nothing from High Energy Physics MSc., although I am almost certain that I will not be offered a place.

6 hours ago, Andrew-F said:

Has anyone heard back yet about the CBB program? It seems that people began hearing back on February 28th last year.

Hello, I applied to CBB program but haven't heard from them yet. I guess everything's delayed due to the COVID.

I did read in the admission results section that the withdraw button disappears about a week before they give you a response. Mine's still there...?

Edit: apparently withdraw button is not related to admission

Edited by pyslucy

Hi everyone,

Just received my admission offer to the Master in Comparative and International Studies. Quite expected it, but I am still really really happy about it. No news about ESOP though.

@spinozium@Joelle_M and other MACIS applicants, I really hope you were successful too! Have you heard back as well?

4 minutes ago, bananabreadlover said:

Hi everyone,

Just received my admission offer to the Master in Comparative and International Studies. Quite expected it, but I am still really really happy about it. No news about ESOP though.

@spinozium@Joelle_M and other MACIS applicants, I really hope you were successful too! Have you heard back as well?

Many congratulations! I have also received my letter of acceptance! 

Just received my acceptance for M.Sc. Biotechnology! I really lost hope after being rejected for Biomedical engineering, but Biotechnology was my favorite from the beginning - I'm so relieved. 
I am writing because there were multiple people here that also applied for Biotechnology - I hope you are all as lucky as I was! If so, maybe you can message me so we can stay in touch :)

52 minutes ago, Wlucey said:

Just received my acceptance for M.Sc. Biotechnology! I really lost hope after being rejected for Biomedical engineering, but Biotechnology was my favorite from the beginning - I'm so relieved. 
I am writing because there were multiple people here that also applied for Biotechnology - I hope you are all as lucky as I was! If so, maybe you can message me so we can stay in touch :)

Just heard back too! Accepted for the MSc Biotechnology.. I am so relieved and excited. Would be nice to keep in touch :)

Emailed the studiensekretariat asking when I'm likely to hear the MSc Physics decisions. Not sure if they just didn't have a clue or not but I got this response:

"We hope that the results will be informed within the next 2 weeks, at latest end of march. For more information please check our website: https://ethz.ch/en/studies/master/application/dates.html"

Really hope it's not 2 weeks lmao. Maybe this was just the wrong place to email though?

5 hours ago, bananabreadlover said:

Hi everyone,

I did too! Congrats and fingers crossed for ESOP, any idea when we might hear back?

3 hours ago, Wlucey said:

Just received my acceptance too! No word about ESOP though, did you have your interview yet?

10 minutes ago, Joelle_M said:

I did too! Congrats and fingers crossed for ESOP, any idea when we might hear back?

Awesome, congrats to you as well!! Is it clear to you that you will accept the offer or are you awaiting other admission decisions?

We will receive the ESOP decisions by the end of the month. Honestly, though, I no longer have high hopes since I did not get invited to an interview. But let's wait and see.. :)

1 hour ago, bananabreadlover said:

Awesome, congrats to you as well!! Is it clear to you that you will accept the offer or are you awaiting other admission decisions?

We will receive the ESOP decisions by the end of the month. Honestly, though, I no longer have high hopes since I did not get invited to an interview. But let's wait and see.. :)

I don't think I can afford it with no scholarship, hbu?

Do all programs interview for ESOP though, maybe MACIS doesn't? 

Edited by Joelle_M

7 hours ago, bananabreadlover said:

Hi everyone,

Congrats! Just received my MACIS admission offer too. But no word on ESOP either, only says ESOP requested on account.

1 hour ago, Joelle_M said:

I don't think I can afford it with no scholarship, hbu?

Do all programs interview for ESOP though, maybe MACIS doesn't? 

So I know that they conducted interviews in previous years. But sure, it is completely possible that they have not decided yet. Moneywise, don't forget that, as a MACIS student, you will be able to work part time at the institute as research assistant. This should allow you to cover a significant share of your living costs. As for me, I think it should work out this way.. But this might also be because I am already based in the Zurich area..

@eli_nor great news! welcome to the club then :))

where are you guys from, if I might ask?

Edited by bananabreadlover

2 hours ago, bananabreadlover said:

So I know that they conducted interviews in previous years. But sure, it is completely possible that they have not decided yet. Moneywise, don't forget that, as a MACIS student, you will be able to work part time at the institute as research assistant. This should allow you to cover a significant share of your living costs. As for me, I think it should work out this way.. But this might also be because I am already based in the Zurich area..

@eli_nor great news! welcome to the club then :))

where are you guys from, if I might ask?

Thanks! 

I am from the U.S.

@bananabreadloverAre you originally from Zurich or?

10 hours ago, andrew51 said:

Is it true that the withdrawal button disappears at some point before the results that you were accepted are announced? Because if that is the case I am heading for a flat out rejection lol.

I read from earlier posts in this topic that the withdrawal button has nothing to do with acceptance. There was one person who still had the button even after being accepted so I wouldn't worry about that.