Canadian PhD applications!

KayCee

On 2/17/2021 at 6:23 AM, Mikel said:

Could someone who has also applied to York tell me: What does your MyFile say? Does it say "No decision yet" or "No decision yet - under review"?

I'm asking because I have a long history of my applications etc. being accidentally misplaced by office workers and such. ?

Mine says no decision yet - under review.

I also had an issue with a file upload and the grad director emailed me.  So they are good about following up!

On 2/19/2021 at 10:10 AM, ImissTraveling said:

Got accepted into Calgary - PhD/Social Sciences. They said official acceptance letter and funding details will come later.

Waiting to hear from - McMaster, York, SFU and McGill.

Also waiting on McMaster and York

On 2/21/2021 at 12:52 PM, ErcW said:

Does anyone here know if PhD stipends are taxed at Candian universities?

I don't know about stipends.  But I so know that none of my MA scholarships were.

On 2/21/2021 at 10:37 PM, AJ9721 said:

Hey Harish! Yes, all the information there is about philosophy applications specifically. 

From Calgary, I got the information through personal correspondence (I've applied there myself). I got the information about the other universities by looking up past results in philosophy here on this website. 

Good luck! 

Hey! Sorry for pestering but can you share your academic background/profile if you don't mind? Also do you surely intend to accept the Calgary offer or are waiting for other schools' verdicts? 

1 hour ago, Reso said:

Hi, do you have some updates about York? I have one meeting two weeks ago, but I have no ideas about what time they will make decision.

No idea!  I am going to assume I will likely be rejected there as well since I did not have a meeting :) 

2 minutes ago, KayCee said:

No idea!  I am going to assume I will likely be rejected there as well since I did not have a meeting :) 

I don't think you will be rejected, my program's deadline is 15th, Feb. Maybe they need at least one months to discuss. Anyway, good luck to you and me 

1 minute ago, Reso said:

I don't think you will be rejected, my program's deadline is 15th, Feb. Maybe they need at least one months to discuss. Anyway, good luck to you and me 

What program if you don't mind me asking?

4 minutes ago, becalmbekindbesafe said:

Got into Queen's this morning. Will likely be declining - hope that opens up the spot for someone else! :) 

Hope everyone is doing well :) 

Hi. Are you an international or a domestic student?

On 2/23/2021 at 5:38 AM, KayCee said:

Mine says no decision yet - under review.

I also had an issue with a file upload and the grad director emailed me.  So they are good about following up!

Thanks for the reply! ☺️ My status also changed earlier this week, which was nice.

Is anyone else getting tired of waiting? I'm supposed to co-write an article at the moment but I'm having trouble trying to concentrate. I just want this waiting part to be over.

19 hours ago, Mikel said:

Thanks for the reply! ☺️ My status also changed earlier this week, which was nice.

Is anyone else getting tired of waiting? I'm supposed to co-write an article at the moment but I'm having trouble trying to concentrate. I just want this waiting part to be over.

This sounds like my life right now :) 

Btw does anyone have a clue here as to in what order schools accept/reject/waitlist candidates? For PhD in philosophy, Alberta , for instance, has waitlisted some people last week..I m yet to hear from them.  Is it possible that they have put some folks on the waitlist before they have accepted some others? Or is it that anybody who hasn't been waitlisted/accepted yet should take the hint n treat themselves as rejected?? 

5 hours ago, Mikel said:

By the way, I noticed that two people had posted their acceptances to York's PolSci (master's), so we might hear something about the PhD applications next week -- maybe?

That is exciting! Though im not anticipating being accepted to York with how competitive this year is.