U Michigan at nearing Final Review of Applications

PolPhil

For the interested here is when they've released historically:

24047288_ScreenShot2021-01-19at5_10_46PM.thumb.png.2b67674afc37a2e93c5f0dd063c8e8e9.png

(data source: admissions spreadsheets of years past)

Unless they go super early this year, I would expect to hear back between 2/5 (a Friday) and 2/9 (a Tuesday) with a slight favor towards the 9th.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, PolPhil said:

There is lots of time. 13/15 programs that I applied to haven't released any decisions yet.

I was thinking more like, maybe there's still time for a decision today? haha But you're totally right, we're still so early in the cycle that there's no reason to focus on this week or today. I don't know why, but if I build up too much of an expectation for a particular week and nothing comes it just drives me insane. 

Just now, PoliTheory2021 said:

I was thinking more like, maybe there's still time for a decision today? haha But you're totally right, we're still so early in the cycle that there's no reason to focus on this week or today. I don't know why, but if I build up too much of an expectation for a particular week and nothing comes it just drives me insane. 

oh haha yeah I agree. But yeah, I get the same feeling

1 hour ago, PoliTheory2021 said:

Are a lot of schools behind for COVID/increase in applications reasons? Maybe we should expect that most schools won't get back until March, even if they have reached out by February in previous years?

Right now for predictions it looks like 75% of schools are within a week of the predicted date and 95% have been within 2 weeks (n=41). So, who knows ??‍♂️