University of Toronto Master of Information 2021

arisosen

9 hours ago, CrypticTorontoMan said:

When did it update for you? I applied on the 31st and I am waiting for it to change to under review 

I hadn't checked it for a couple of days (cause it was driving me crazy), so definitely changed around 27th or 28th Feb. I guess your status should update in the coming week if you're an international student like me.

Mine is changed to "under review." FINALLY, after a month... Although I did have to email admissions that I needed an answer before March 12th because I need to get back to another program at that time. 

Hi guys,

Just got confirmation of my offer. Not the official email, but the committee confirmed it for me. I applied Jan 1 and heard back after I emailed them today. Expect the applications to take longer than the 4-6 weeks mentioned, unless you're a top candidate with exceptional criteria all around. 

Edited by student3280

45 minutes ago, student3280 said:

Hi guys,

Just got confirmation of my offer. Not the official email, but the committee confirmed it for me. I applied Jan 1 and heard back after I emailed them today. Expect the applications to take longer than the 4-6 weeks mentioned, unless you're a top candidate with exceptional criteria all around. 

Congrats on the offer!! Andrea mentioned that it takes 4-6 weeks after a status change from "documents received" to "under review". Do you mind me asking when your status changed? 

Edited by uoftstudent2021

1 minute ago, uoftstudent2021 said:

Congrats on the offer!! Andrea mentioned that it takes 4-6 weeks after a status change from "documents received" to "under review". Do you mind me asking when your status changed? 

Hi,

Mine changed a few days after I submitted, it was within 3 days if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, student3280 said:

Hi guys,

Congrats on your offer! Were you a domestic student applying through the double blue entry? 

16 minutes ago, CrypticTorontoMan said:

Congrats on your offer! Were you a domestic student applying through the double blue entry? 

Thank you! I am a domestic applicant, but I did not apply via blue entry, I'm not a UofT alumni so the option was not available to me.

4 hours ago, Xuanyu Fang said:

For those who've got the offer already, did they mention anything about the entry scholarship in the offer? I know it's a early question, and I haven't even got the decision yet, but just trying to compare with other programs I've received already.

Nope, they had previously said that they'll release that separately in March. I'm starting to re-consider joining given the expensive international fees :(

12 hours ago, Xuanyu Fang said:

For those who've got the offer already, did they mention anything about the entry scholarship in the offer? I know it's a early question, and I haven't even got the decision yet, but just trying to compare with other programs I've received already.

The entry scholarships for the MI program are very limited, as it is a professional program rather than a research-based masters. I would say the percentage of people at the Masters level who get funding is very limited. It is why in the end a few years ago I declined my offer for a fully-funded research based programs. 

Not to the knock the program, as it professional programs have their value, but one of the drawbacks to them generally is higher tuition rates and less funding. 

14 hours ago, Evocativ said:

Nope, they had previously said that they'll release that separately in March. I'm starting to re-consider joining given the expensive international fees :(

That's what I thought too... The scholarships presented on their website are not too much in comparison to the tuition, most of them are around 5000 dollars

On 3/1/2021 at 5:31 PM, student3280 said:

Thank you! I am a domestic applicant, but I did not apply via blue entry, I'm not a UofT alumni so the option was not available to me.

Ah, most people that I know that gotten an acceptance this early through the blue entry. One last thing, do you mind sharing your gpa? 

Edited by CrypticTorontoMan

My application status finally changed to Under Review (I finished my application on Jan 29)! Does anyone know how they'll be sending out offers? i.e. through email? Or is it possible to see the decision they've made through an application like Acorn? I've read somewhere that someone was able to see that they were admitted even before they got the offer letter because something changed for them in Acorn but I forget exactly what...

Hey guys! So I sent an email to Andrea asking about the status of my application (I have been under review since February 5 or 9). She emailed back telling me about the high volume of applications meaning greater wait times, but said she would ask the admissions committee about my application. She followed up about an hour later saying that I have received a conditional acceptance!

4 hours ago, arisosen said:

Hey guys! So I sent an email to Andrea asking about the status of my application (I have been under review since February 5 or 9). She emailed back telling me about the high volume of applications meaning greater wait times, but said she would ask the admissions committee about my application. She followed up about an hour later saying that I have received a conditional acceptance!

Congrats! May I ask what is your background?

4 hours ago, uoftstudent2021 said:

@arisosen congrats on the offer! if you don't mind me asking, what are the conditions to the offer? is it maintaining an overall B+ average for all upper year courses? or achieving B+ this specific semester? 

Thank you! The conditions should be outlined in the official letter, which I am now waiting to receive. 

1 hour ago, lu29 said:

Congrats! May I ask what is your background?

Thanks! I’m Canadian, did my undergrad at UofT (graduating this spring) and majored in social sciences :)

Edited by arisosen

11 hours ago, arisosen said:

Congrats ?! You can PM me if you want to be added to the accepted students (unofficial) WhatsApp group.

On 3/3/2021 at 3:44 PM, arisosen said:

Congratulations!! If you don't mind me asking, what was your CGPA or final year average? 

13 hours ago, a_car said:

Congratulations!! If you don't mind me asking, what was your CGPA or final year average? 

Thanks! My final year average was around 3.8, and I tanked my first year pretty badly so cGPA is 3.4

Edited by arisosen