University of Toronto Master of Information 2021

arisosen

Hey everyone! As the title kinda suggests, I'm waiting to hear back on my MI application for UofT. Just wanted to see if anyone else is on the same boat! 

Edited by arisosen
tags

9 hours ago, uoftstudent2021 said:

i plan to submit it tonight! when did you submit your application? 

and @offereceivedhey guys! I submitted yesterday! Wonder how look it takes for status to change from "Documents received" to "in review" haha.

Not going to lie, super nervous mainly because I tanked my GPA in first year and so even though I've done pretty well afterwards, my cGPA isn't looking too hot. Do they really consider your last two semesters if it's higher than your cGPA? That's what I've heard.

Btw, best of luck! Fingers crossed for you :)

Edited by arisosen

8 hours ago, arisosen said:

and @offereceivedhey guys! I submitted yesterday! Wonder how look it takes for status to change from "Documents received" to "in review" haha.

Not going to lie, super nervous mainly because I tanked my GPA in first year and so even though I've done pretty well afterwards, my cGPA isn't looking too hot. Do they really consider your last two semesters if it's higher than your cGPA? That's what I've heard.

Btw, best of luck! Fingers crossed for you :)

i submitted yesterday too! on their FAQ it says it will be manually updated to "under review"

same.... my first & second yr grades were sooooo bad lmaoooo my cGPA is at a B-, which is lower than their minimum (B). but my 300/400 level GPA is A-/almost A so thought i'd give it a shot

do u guys know when we'll hear back? im thinking end of feb & early march...? 

3 hours ago, uoftstudent2021 said:

i submitted yesterday too! on their FAQ it says it will be manually updated to "under review"

same.... my first & second yr grades were sooooo bad lmaoooo my cGPA is at a B-, which is lower than their minimum (B). but my 300/400 level GPA is A-/almost A so thought i'd give it a shot

do u guys know when we'll hear back? im thinking end of feb & early march...? 

I emailed Admissions asking a general question a while ago, and they said that a coordinator will verify all the files and prepare them for the admissions committee but no idea how long that takes.

My first year was absolutely horrendous, my cGPA is at the minimum, but the average of my two most recent sessional GPAs (so my "final year GPA") is around a 3.8 so I hope it gives me a chance haha.

I've been stalking forums for applicants from past years, and it seems that most people hear back around mid-February to March. But I've also seen others receive their news in April so idk....

Have you applied anywhere else? I'm also waiting to hear back from McGill.

Hey guys! So am I, still waiting. My application documents were complete in late December and it's been in review for about a month now. Still no reponse :( Thinking of mailing Andrea for updates as I have a couple of another offers.

Also, I think the applications are processed in a first-come first-serve manner, took few weeks for mine to go to 'In Review'.
Curious to know where you guys are applying from :)

Edited by Evocativ

1 hour ago, Xuanyu Fang said:

I've submitted my application about a month ago, but they probably haven't opened it for review yet, also through the email they said they are having many applicants this year

What email did you recieve that stated they are having many applicants this year? 

Also I submitted my application on the due date (Nov 15) and it still says it is 'under review'. On the website it says decisions wouldn't be available until mid March, but reading all the precious forums people said they received decisions starting beginning of Feb. Does anyone know when we are supposed to know whether we got in or not? The suspense is killing me :(

no way @Gaucho4life! crazy to hear that urs is still at "documents received" even though u applied back in october... maybe they started reviewing but just did not manually update the status? 

yeah i'm hoping we'll hear back by mid-march! we can ask for more information during the next info day on feb.27 :) 

@heythere313 hey this thread is for the MI program at uoft not the MHI one haha! 

Edited by uoftstudent2021

Hey Guys! I mailed the iSchool for an update and they said it usually takes 4+ weeks for a decision to be made. Few hours later I got an update that I have been accepted and an offer will arrive next week! 

Edited by Evocativ

21 hours ago, avigail121 said:

What email did you recieve that stated they are having many applicants this year? 

Also I submitted my application on the due date (Nov 15) and it still says it is 'under review'. On the website it says decisions wouldn't be available until mid March, but reading all the precious forums people said they received decisions starting beginning of Feb. Does anyone know when we are supposed to know whether we got in or not? The suspense is killing me :(

It's a reply to the email I sent to them, basically they just said there's many applicants so they haven't started on it yet. I know if you are do in a hurry of other decisions, there was previous successful experience in asking them to make a faster decision specially for you

16 hours ago, Evocativ said:

Hey Guys! I mailed the iSchool for an update and they said it usually takes 4+ weeks for a decision to be made. Few hours later I got an update that I have been accepted and an offer will arrive next week! 

oh congrats!!! i'll probably do the same if i don't hear anything from them by mid march lol

22 hours ago, uoftstudent2021 said:

no way @Gaucho4life! crazy to hear that urs is still at "documents received" even though u applied back in october... maybe they started reviewing but just did not manually update the status? 

yeah i'm hoping we'll hear back by mid-march! we can ask for more information during the next info day on feb.27 :) 

@heythere313 hey this thread is for the MI program at uoft not the MHI one haha! 

oh woops

i must have misread it! Well good luck to everyone that did apply! I hope you get connected soon

Hi all!

I applied in December of 2018 and heard back by the end of January 2019. My girlfriend heard back even earlier, and a few people I know heard back a little later. Overall, the MI program is normally pretty quick to make decisions. Best of luck!

On 2/3/2021 at 8:25 PM, Evocativ said:

Hey congrats! I submitted my application mid to end January ish? I'm "under review" right now, hopefully there's news soon

On 2/5/2021 at 10:28 AM, kadp21 said:

Hi all!

I applied in December of 2018 and heard back by the end of January 2019. My girlfriend heard back even earlier, and a few people I know heard back a little later. Overall, the MI program is normally pretty quick to make decisions. Best of luck!

Thank you for the info! Just out of curiosity and if you don't mind me asking: how competitive was the application process for your year? And what's your academic background? (GPA, major, etc.)

1 hour ago, arisosen said:

Hey congrats! I submitted my application mid to end January ish? I'm "under review" right now, hopefully there's news soon

Thank you for the info! Just out of curiosity and if you don't mind me asking: how competitive was the application process for your year? And what's your academic background? (GPA, major, etc.)

Hey! I don’t mind at all. I *think* it was decently competitive, but I’m not terribly sure. I did my undergrad in history, and my average for my last two years was about 89%. But I do know people who got in with low 80s, or even high 70s, because they had some relevant experience!

On 2/3/2021 at 8:25 PM, Evocativ said:

Congratulations!!! If you don't mind me asking, when did you finish submitting your application? And what was your CGPA/academic background? :)

I finished my application on Jan 27 I think, and my status is still "Documents Received (excl. official transcript)" - super nervous to hear back!