University of Toronto Master of Information 2021

arisosen

9 hours ago, Xuanyu Fang said:

Just got an conditional offer from MI! There are two concentrations listed Human-centered Computing and UXD, not sure whether that mean I could choose or something. Will the funding info comes in sometimes recently? I applied in early Jan, emailed Andrea two weeks ago since I got another offer due at Mar 15th and they kindly started reviewing my application immediately, and the results comes in fast

Congrats! The concentrations on your letter don't mean anything, ( I asked Andrea about the same ) and you are free to choose any once you enroll into MI. You probably mentioned these 2 while filling up the application hence they appear on the letter. 

20 hours ago, lu29 said:

Wow impressive! Did you ask her directly about your decision? Mine was under review around the same time as yours but Im too nervous to ask. And what's your background if u dont mind sharing.

I asked about the expected timeline, was surprised with a decision lol. I am currently doing a bachelors in Electrical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, India. Will graduate this summer.

18 hours ago, Evocativ said:

Congrats! The concentrations on your letter don't mean anything, ( I asked Andrea about the same ) and you are free to choose any once you enroll into MI. You probably mentioned these 2 while filling up the application hence they appear on the letter. 

Thank you for the information! Do you know when will scholarship info comes out? Though it's a long shot, I'm counting on it to make a decision

5 hours ago, Xuanyu Fang said:

Thank you for the information! Do you know when will scholarship info comes out? Though it's a long shot, I'm counting on it to make a decision

They had said around March, not really sure though :(

I got an offer today!!! Feeling super happy :D for reference, I finished my application Jan 29, it changed to under review in late February, and got my offer of admission March 12! I'm also a domestic student 

Edited by a_car

11 hours ago, a_car said:

I got an offer today!!! Feeling super happy :D for reference, I finished my application Jan 29, it changed to under review in late February, and got my offer of admission March 12! I'm also a domestic student 

Do you mind me asking your GPA and how long you had to wait for the offer? I applied around the same time but only recently turn into under review.

17 hours ago, CrypticTorontoMan said:

Where can you see if you been invited through ACORN? 

I saw it when I went to the  'Enroll & Manage' tab - I could see a new tab listed next to my current semester + one for the summer semester for my bachelors. 

I got an offer yesterday! I applied in mid-January (although my references weren't submitted until the end of January) to the Archives and Records Management concentration. I have a BA Honours from the University of Saskatchewan in Classical, Medieval, and Renaissance Studies and my average was 87%/3.8. 

On 3/13/2021 at 10:24 AM, CrypticTorontoMan said:

Do you mind me asking your GPA and how long you had to wait for the offer? I applied around the same time but only recently turn into under review.

Sure! My final year GPA was a 4.0 (according to the UofT GPA scale) and my cGPA was a 3.3 (didn't do great in the first and second year lol). My application turned to under review in late February and I got an offer on March 12, so I guess I waited around two weeks?

Edited by a_car

Hi guys, I'm currently an international student in the U.S and I'm planning to apply to UofT Master of Information. Since I've never been to Canada and not sure about the UX job market there, is UofT MI program with a concentration in UXD good and recognized within Toronto and Canada? 

8 minutes ago, uoftstudent2021 said:

any offers / rejections? waiting super anxiously 

I got accepted last week. I’m pretty sure they sent out a round of acceptances at that time. You should probably reach out to Andrea if you are still waiting!

I just got an invitation to enrol in the program on Acorn as well!! Super excited! Agreed that it’s best to reach out to Andrea if you’re really anxiously waiting to hear back

3 minutes ago, Hello66 said:

An invite on acorn means are you accepted. Im confused because there is no official email from them yet!

I think the official email will come a bit later, it probably just shows up on Acorn first 

1 hour ago, Hello66 said:

An invite on acorn means are you accepted. Im confused because there is no official email from them yet!

I also saw an invite on ACORN first - my letter was emailed to me the next day