UT-Austin MSW Social Work: waiting! to hear! back!

Posting again but still no news from UT- I got an email from Andrea saying that my application was awaiting a “third review”. Does anyone know if this is normal? I was under the impression that there were only two reviews.

thanks guys and good luck!

3 hours ago, msw2021woo said:

Posting again but still no news from UT- I got an email from Andrea saying that my application was awaiting a “third review”. Does anyone know if this is normal? I was under the impression that there were only two reviews.

thanks guys and good luck!

I've gotten no update on mine, just that it's been forwarded.

Honestly, I feel like with how long UT is taking and how little they communicate, they really seem to rest on their laurels of being a top 10 school. Their lack of communication and the disregard to other schools' deadlines seems pretentious to me. I checked out some of the other forums and most of the Ivys have already alerted students to their status.

I don't know how long they expect people to wait or why they think their program is so much better than Columbia, UPenn or Smith, which have all updated students by now. Not to mention TX State and UofH have also made offers. Shrug!

Edited by wellthatsnice

On 4/1/2021 at 10:10 AM, msw2021woo said:

Hi! Do you mind sharing your stats? I applied in November for this summer and I’m still waiting to hear back

I originally applied for fall and then had a last minute change when I further understood the post BSW track. So I had the majority of my application turned in by Nov, but then got the additional post BSW materials in by the Feb deadline. 

Hi found this thread and I too applied for Fall 2021 admissions. I applied before the November 15th priority deadline and still have not heard anything back mystatus still just says under review. Is that normal? I have not reached out, but seeing that others have already gotten a decision is making me a little nervous lol. 

On 4/12/2021 at 3:29 AM, dsal23 said:

Hi found this thread and I too applied for Fall 2021 admissions. I applied before the November 15th priority deadline and still have not heard anything back mystatus still just says under review. Is that normal? I have not reached out, but seeing that others have already gotten a decision is making me a little nervous lol. 

I emailed and asked and they told me all applicants should have a decision by the end of April. It's crazy you applied in November and haven't heard back! UT's admissions process is bizarre and I don't know how they end up with a good cohort by making people wait this long. I imagine a lot of people won't be able to accept just because they've accepted other offers.

Came back to check for updates. This thread is moving as slow as UT's admission process.

I hope they're not twiddling their thumbs trying to figure out how to get the perfect cohort because I'm sure people have already committed to other schools at this point.

Edited by wellthatsnice

Update: I was accepted to UT this morning. Now I’m in a tough spot. I’ve already put an enrollment deposit down at Penn (an amazing school that fits more of what I want to do). But UT has been my top choice. I’m from Austin and desperately want to move back. I feel very torn.

11 minutes ago, cslim said:

Received an email saying that there was a status update to my application this morning and received my acceptance! Hope everyone hears good news in the coming days!! 

Did you receive any scholarship info? Wondering if they will send that out or how they handle it. 

23 minutes ago, msw21app said:

Update: I was accepted to UT this morning. Now I’m in a tough spot. I’ve already put an enrollment deposit down at Penn (an amazing school that fits more of what I want to do). But UT has been my top choice. I’m from Austin and desperately want to move back. I feel very torn.

Do you see your career growing in Austin or in PA? UT is pretty well known for their career center, so I'm guessing it would be a better option for your long-term prospects. But also I've heard there are a lot of social workers in Austin. IDK! Good luck!