Keough School MGA 2021

15 minutes ago, Milady_22 said:

It doesnt sound like a Keough. They are probably having fiancial struggles in the school due to Covid. I remember in 2018 , 80% got 100% funding, the rest got 80%.

IPS gets 100% every year, which is not the case with other 2 concentrations I see.

Yeah, maybe they are financially struggling.. I do not know.

Yes, the Peace Studies accepted students get full tuition funding. Apparently not all Sustainable Dev and MGA+Specialization get substantial funding meaning 75%+

A little late to the party but here we go:

1. What was the specialization you applied for?

Sustainable Development 

2. Were you interviewed? If so, when?

No, although a professor reached out to chat after I was accepted.

3.  Did you submit GRE scores?

Yes

4.. Are you a Peace Corps alumnus? (so many Peace Corps people seem to be accepted/get funding)

No

5. Have you applied to the MGA before? If so, how many times?

No

6. Basic details about your application, i.e. GPA, GRE scores (if applicable), if you have another postgraduate degree, years of international experience, etc.

Undergraduate Triple major (Philosophy, History, Catholic Studies); 3.45 GPA; 159 Quant, 159 Verbal, and 5.0 writing; I taught English abroad for one year in Hungary; I also had an internship at a country's mission to the UN

7. If you were accepted, what financial aid package was offered, if any?

I was offered $29,000 a year and no living stipend. I will be meeting with an admissions officer tomorrow to try and negotiate a higher scholarship, because I will be unable to attend without additional help.

On 3/18/2021 at 1:42 PM, Lewdusk said:

7. If you were accepted, what financial aid package was offered, if any?

I was offered $29,000 a year and no living stipend. I will be meeting with an admissions officer tomorrow to try and negotiate a higher scholarship, because I will be unable to attend without additional help.

I was offered the same amount and plan to reach out next week. While I am eager to attend ND, the financial aid offered this year has been substantially lower than the past and it makes this program quite unaffordable. Thankfully, I have others offers but hope something is able to be worked out here.

A follow-up note: I reached out to one of the MGA admissions staff regarding my relatively small financial aid package (around 30% tuition/ about $19k) to see if they have any further resources available.  Basically the staff person said that the Keough school did not have any additional funds to give me, and told me to connect with the financial aid office regarding other opportunities.  Additionally, the staff person also mentioned that I could reapply next year and see what happens.

So, that is where it is at. I have another offer for an MGA type program that looks like it will have more available funding, so this other offer is looking to be the better option than ND's MGA currently. Though I would have loved to go to ND...

Finally, the staff person also told me that over 600 people applied this year for the MGA program - so the competition was fierce. 

Best wishes to all of you!

On 3/19/2021 at 7:30 PM, Twesiime said:

A follow-up note: I reached out to one of the MGA admissions staff regarding my relatively small financial aid package (around 30% tuition/ about $19k) to see if they have any further resources available.  Basically the staff person said that the Keough school did not have any additional funds to give me, and told me to connect with the financial aid office regarding other opportunities.  Additionally, the staff person also mentioned that I could reapply next year and see what happens.

So, that is where it is at. I have another offer for an MGA type program that looks like it will have more available funding, so this other offer is looking to be the better option than ND's MGA currently. Though I would have loved to go to ND...

Finally, the staff person also told me that over 600 people applied this year for the MGA program - so the competition was fierce. 

Thanks for sharing this. I am talking with them Monday and expect to hear the same thing, but just want to explore every option before I accept my offer to another school. Congrats on the acceptance though, that is an honor in itself! Good luck in your future grad journey!

On 3/19/2021 at 6:30 PM, Twesiime said:

I received a similar response, and like you I have another offer with more funding, so that is likely where I will end up although I would prefer to end up at ND.