Keough School MGA 2021

I just got an email saying that I had been recommended for admission for the MGA + Specialization program; and that "In the coming days, you will receive an official letter of acceptance from the University of Notre Dame Graduate School with detailed information about the cost of tuition, the cost of living, and your financial aid package. Contingent on  remaining in good standing in the program, this financial aid package will continue through your second year."  I was not asked to interview or provide any further information after submitting my application.

The email noted that "The competition for admission was particularly rigorous this year" but this was not explained.

Best wishes to all of you!

*edits to include further necessary details

Edited by Twesiime

2 minutes ago, Twesiime said:

I just got an email saying that I had been recommended for admission; and that "In the coming days, you will receive an official letter of acceptance from the University of Notre Dame Graduate School with detailed information about the cost of tuition, the cost of living, and your financial aid package. Contingent on  remaining in good standing in the program, this financial aid package will continue through your second year."  I was not asked to interview or provide any further information after my application.

The email noted that "The competition for admission was particularly rigorous this year" but this was not explained.

Congratulations!! This is fantastic! Big congratulations!

7 minutes ago, Twesiime said:

I just got an email saying that I had been recommended for admission; and that "In the coming days, you will receive an official letter of acceptance from the University of Notre Dame Graduate School with detailed information about the cost of tuition, the cost of living, and your financial aid package. Contingent on  remaining in good standing in the program, this financial aid package will continue through your second year."  I was not asked to interview or provide any further information after my application.

What's your specialization?

Just got an e-mail too, ND sustainable development specialization! It says I received a full scholarship plus stipend, but that I will receive the financial package later. 

Congratulations, you guys! So excited for us!

Edited by Krea96

30 minutes ago, Twesiime said:

I just got an email saying that I had been recommended for admission; and that "In the coming days, you will receive an official letter of acceptance from the University of Notre Dame Graduate School with detailed information about the cost of tuition, the cost of living, and your financial aid package. Contingent on  remaining in good standing in the program, this financial aid package will continue through your second year."  I was not asked to interview or provide any further information after submitting my application.

Congratulations! So happy for you! On the site it says that all graduate students receive scholarships. There's no word in your e-mail abt a scholarship or stipend?

4 hours ago, Krea96 said:

Congratulations! So happy for you! On the site it says that all graduate students receive scholarships. There's no word in your e-mail abt a scholarship or stipend?

Yeah, I received no word about if I had received a scholarships or stipend other than the message I received above. Not sure what this means - I will have find our more details in the letter.

Could you share where you read that all accepted students get scholarships?

8 hours ago, Twesiime said:

Yeah, I received no word about if I had received a scholarships or stipend other than the message I received above. Not sure what this means - I will have find our more details in the letter.

Could you share where you read that all accepted students get scholarships?

Hmmmm, yep,  so weird they did not mention anything since for others they did. Sorry, I misunderstood what I read, most accepted students receive susbtantive-to-all funded rides. 

Here:

"The admission process is need-blind and does not consider an applicant’s financial resources in making admissions decisions. All applicants are considered for a full-tuition scholarship and stipend for living expenses. No separate application is required. More than 75% of Keough School MGA students receive significant financial support."

3 hours ago, Salome Margvelashvili said:

btw is anybody here who applied for Peace Studies concentration? any word?

best of luck to you, I hope you receive the answer soon! 

14 hours ago, Krea96 said:

Just got an e-mail too, ND sustainable development specialization! It says I received a full scholarship plus stipend, but that I will receive the financial package later. 

Congratulations, you guys! So excited for us!

Congratulations Krea96. So happy for you...from reddit to here! Lol...Big congrats!

Hi everyone! Congrats to all accepted in this thread.

7 hours ago, Salome Margvelashvili said:

btw is anybody here who applied for Peace Studies concentration? any word?

I apllied to Peace Studies, and also recieved no word yet. I hope we will get a decision next week. Also so impatient about it, refreshing my email couple times a day.  Please post here if you get any message. I see only 2 of us in the thread for peace studies concentration. 

Edited by Milady_22

A request for any of you who were accepted+know your financial aid status, or rejected, or waitlisted - please submit your results on the Gradcafe Results page. The ND MGA does not have many results posted so the more information we submit the greater the amount of information that will be available to future applicants to the program.

Some items to include if you submit results:

1. What was the specialization you applied for?

2. Were you interviewed? If so, when?

3.  Did you submit GRE scores?

4.. Are you a Peace Corps alumnus? (so many Peace Corps people seem to be accepted/get funding)

5. Have you applied to the MGA before? If so, how many times?

6. Basic details about your application, i.e. GPA, GRE scores (if applicable), if you have another postgraduate degree, years of international experience, etc.

7. If you were accepted, what financial aid package was offered, if any?

---

I will submit my results once I know about my financial aid package in the next few days. 

Thank you all!

Edited by Twesiime
grammer

12 hours ago, Godwin44 said:

I applied for MGA+specialization. No e-mail. Hope to see an email this week. Congratulations to everyone that got an admit. We hope to see a positive reply as well. Thank you and stay safe.

Someone here applied to MGA+Specialization already got an offer I see. Coming week definetely will recognize the scholarship recipients. Wish all us a good  luck!