Keough School MGA 2021

11 hours ago, Twesiime said:

A request for any of you who were accepted+know your financial aid status, or rejected, or waitlisted - please submit your results on the Gradcafe Results page. The ND MGA does not have many results posted so the more information we submit the greater the amount of information that will be available to future applicants to the program.

Some items to include if you submit results:

1. What was the specialization you applied for?

2. Were you interviewed? If so, when?

3.  Did you submit GRE scores?

4.. Are you a Peace Corps alumnus? (so many Peace Corps people seem to be accepted/get funding)

5. Have you applied to the MGA before? If so, how many times?

6. Basic details about your application, i.e. GPA, GRE scores (if applicable), if you have another postgraduate degree, years of international experience, etc.

7. If you were accepted, what financial aid package was offered, if any?

---

I will submit my results once I know about my financial aid package in the next few days. 

Thank you all!

As per the previous MGA graduates, all admitted recieve full funding to this school. Nevermind you are onboard of MGA.

22 hours ago, Twesiime said:

A request for any of you who were accepted+know your financial aid status, or rejected, or waitlisted - please submit your results on the Gradcafe Results page. The ND MGA does not have many results posted so the more information we submit the greater the amount of information that will be available to future applicants to the program.

4.. Are you a Peace Corps alumnus? (so many Peace Corps people seem to be accepted/get funding)

6. Basic details about your application, i.e. GPA, GRE scores (if applicable), if you have another postgraduate degree, years of international experience, etc.

---

I will submit my results once I know about my financial aid package in the next few days. 

Thank you all!

Did you apply last year too? 

On 3/6/2021 at 4:37 AM, Krea96 said:

Hmmmm, yep,  so weird they did not mention anything since for others they did. Sorry, I misunderstood what I read, most accepted students receive susbtantive-to-all funded rides. 

Here:

"The admission process is need-blind and does not consider an applicant’s financial resources in making admissions decisions. All applicants are considered for a full-tuition scholarship and stipend for living expenses. No separate application is required. More than 75% of Keough School MGA students receive significant financial support."

best of luck to you, I hope you receive the answer soon! 

On 3/6/2021 at 11:16 AM, Twesiime said:

---

Thank you all!

I will post my stuff once I hear back about financial package ?. Sending good vibes to everyone who is waiting!  It's my understanding all international students receive full tuition and living stipend (which is super cool)- I remember reading something about that on a previous Keough MGA forum and/or on their website not too long ago. This could be why some found out in the email and others did not? (Just a guess) Here's to hopefully a good week for all of us! 

9 minutes ago, Salome Margvelashvili said:

I think I refreshed my email 30 times today and it is not even morning yet over there ?

Many of us obssesively doing that I guess. But I am not refreshing last two days, since it is stil weekend in Indiana. Results releasesuld in working days, rather on Thursday and Friday. Hope dies the last. 

Please post here any decision you recieve, I will do the same. We are only 2 of us for Peace Studies. It will help us to recognize are we in or out this season.

2 minutes ago, Milady_22 said:

Many of us obssesively doing that I guess. But I am not refreshing last two days, since it is stil weekend in Indiana. Results releasesuld in working days, rather on Thursday and Friday. Hope dies the last. 

Please post here any decision you recieve, I will do the same. We are only 2 of us for Peace Studies. It will help us to recognize are we in or out this season.

Sure I will. Good luck to us!

On 3/6/2021 at 3:39 PM, Ginger_Rocky said:

Congratulations Krea96. So happy for you...from reddit to here! Lol...Big congrats!

Thank you sooo much, you are so kind! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and I hope it works out! 

Good luck to everyone still waiting for the results! I hope we can all meet this year on campus, we truly deserve this. ?

Here is my info:

1. What was the specialization you applied for? Sustainable Development

2. Were you interviewed? If so, when? No interview

3.  Did you submit GRE scores? No GRE scores 

4.. Are you a Peace Corps alumnus? (so many Peace Corps people seem to be accepted/get funding) No, I'm am international student from Eastern Europe

5. Have you applied to the MGA before? If so, how many times? I have never applied before

6. Basic details about your application, i.e. GPA, GRE scores (if applicable), if you have another postgraduate degree, years of international experience, etc.: I'm 24, a first gen, low-income student with two majors in POS & EUR from an American University in Europe, 3.83 GPA, 4 languages, study-abroad experience, presidential medalist of the class, around 2 years of work experience (including in a EU institution and other official instit of my country) plus 4-5 years of volunteering & advocacy work during undergrad and high-school (including volunteering experience in Asia). EU young leader at diverse global political conferences & gender and education advocate. 

7. If you were accepted, what financial aid package was offered, if any? Full scholarship and stipend. 

3 minutes ago, Ginger_Rocky said:

Haha! I feel you. I will resume refreshing once I see it's 9 am in Indiana. But for now, I am "casually strolling" through my email.

Sending positive vibes!

I can only imagine, I was doing the same! Let us know how it goes ?? 

3 minutes ago, Krea96 said:

Good luck to everyone still waiting for the results! I hope we can all meet this year on campus, we truly deserve this. ?

Here is my info:

1. What was the specialization you applied for? Sustainable Development

2. Were you interviewed? If so, when? No interview

3.  Did you submit GRE scores? No GRE scores 

4.. Are you a Peace Corps alumnus? (so many Peace Corps people seem to be accepted/get funding) No, I'm am international student from Eastern Europe

5. Have you applied to the MGA before? If so, how many times? I have never applied before

6. Basic details about your application, i.e. GPA, GRE scores (if applicable), if you have another postgraduate degree, years of international experience, etc.: I'm 24, a first gen, low-income student with two majors in POS & EUR from an American University in Europe, 3.83 GPA, 4 languages, study-abroad experience, presidential medalist of the class, around 2 years of work experience (including in a EU institution and other official instit of my country) plus 4-5 years of volunteering & advocacy work during undergrad and high-school (including volunteering experience in Asia). EU young leader at diverse global political conferences & gender and education advocate. 

7. If you were accepted, what financial aid package was offered, if any? Full scholarship and stipend. 

Krea96 where are you from ? I am from Eastern Europe too. Georgia

21 hours ago, Milady_22 said:

Did you apply last year too? 

Yes, I did. I was rejected last year. But I reapplied and was accepted. I think the main change was that I spent a great deal of time improving my Statement of Purpose. A stronger statement of purpose was the main difference between my applications. However, let me see if my overall application package was strong enough to get funding! That is the real question at hand currently, for me...

2 hours ago, Krea96 said:

Could anyone else who was accepted in the past few days share what sort of financial aid package you received, if any? I might have missed something but Krea96 was the only person I remember who knew her financial aid status as of now. Is there anyone else who knows your financial aid status?

Be well all!

10 minutes ago, Devine123 said:

Ahhhhh I was accepted to an Ivy League MPA, but feel like I won't get this one...I applied to international Peace Studies too! Really can' afford Ivy League fees and not alot of help for international students so this would be really great.

Same here. ND with its scholarships is the best for international students. + it is already three of us waiting for letters for International Peace Studies, so if anything, keep us updated. good luck :) 

Hello all-

I received my acceptance into the MGA + Specialization last Friday but still have no word on funding. I didn't have an interview, didn't submit GRE scores, but I am an (e)RPCV. This is my first time applying for the graduate program at ND. The email I received Friday said scholarships and financial aid will be sent "in the coming days" so I am patiently waiting on this. Good luck to everyone who is waiting!

7 hours ago, sduvall said:

Hello all-

I received my acceptance into the MGA + Specialization last Friday but still have no word on funding. I didn't have an interview, didn't submit GRE scores, but I am an (e)RPCV. This is my first time applying for the graduate program at ND. The email I received Friday said scholarships and financial aid will be sent "in the coming days" so I am patiently waiting on this. Good luck to everyone who is waiting!

Congrats! What us your deadline for decision on offer acceptance or decline, if that has been indicated in initial email? 

Well guys,

Just sharing with my thoughts, please dont think I am being negative. Today is 10th, and the deadline for admitted ones to decide or decline is April 15. Universities give enough time to decide. I assume al admitted ones already recived the nice emails. It say further emails will arrive on waitlisted ones, and the rest is rejections. As per decisions delivered in previous 4 years , all positive once arrived untill 9th of March. I am sorry, but i think there is a place for my thoughts. Anyways, will see how it goes.