Keough School MGA 2021

2 minutes ago, Anassar88 said:

Any peace study folks hear anything? Getting really anxious and slightly demoralized haha. I sent an email to Jody asking for some info, but have not gotten any response yet. 

I applied for MGA+ Specialization. Please if Jody replies you post here. Thank you. 

5 hours ago, Milady_22 said:

Has you status been changed in your account? or is there official admissions letter in your account

No, my account says no decision has been made. I believe my 'official' acceptance will come with my financial aid package.

5 hours ago, Milady_22 said:

Well guys,

Just sharing with my thoughts, please dont think I am being negative. Today is 10th, and the deadline for admitted ones to decide or decline is April 15. Universities give enough time to decide. I assume al admitted ones already recived the nice emails. It say further emails will arrive on waitlisted ones, and the rest is rejections. As per decisions delivered in previous 4 years , all positive once arrived untill 9th of March. I am sorry, but i think there is a place for my thoughts. Anyways, will see how it goes. 

This is not a normal year. No one from peace got their acceptance yet to our knowledge. Take a deep breath, whatever is meant to be is meant to be :)

44 minutes ago, Anassar88 said:

This is not a normal year. No one from peace got their acceptance yet to our knowledge. Take a deep breath, whatever is meant to be is meant to be :)

You are right, we will get what is meant. I see 5 people for peace studies in this thread. Hope we will make a nice group in IPS. Being in this group means such a dedication to what  we are waiting for.  It's good we support each other here, by the common goal uniting  us.  Let it be, will hope and wait.

7 hours ago, Godwin44 said:

Please for the Lucky applicants that was admitted, did you send proficiency in a second Language? Was the Language your Native language where you were given birth to? Thank you. 

I did! I speak one of my native languages, have basic skills in my other native language, and I have conversational proficiency in another language with about 16 million speakers on another continent than the continent where I was born. I mentioned all three in my application.

I was admitted to MGA+Specialization.

1 hour ago, Twesiime said:

I did! I speak one of my native languages, have basic skills in my other native language, and I have conversational proficiency in another language with about 16 million speakers on another continent than the continent where I was born. I mentioned all three in my application.

I was admitted to MGA+Specialization.

I see you deserved!

14 minutes ago, Anassar88 said:

Jody just replied, all decisions are hopefully to be out by Friday, they received more than 600 applicants this year. 

I was guessing we might recieve it this Friday. Other thread here says they recieved over 400 applications for 2020 class. Numbers incearsing each year. I am so stressed that i want this wait time to finish quickly. Waitng is such a pain. Uncertainty is an additinal pain. Hope these feeling will be justified guys. 

9 minutes ago, Milady_22 said:

I see you deserved!

Thank you!

But I think the main part of my application that helped me getting admittance was having as strong of a Statement of Purpose as possible. I worked with a consultant named the Red Head Academic/Accepted Consulting to have an experienced reader of my SOP. I can share more details about my profile once I see what happens with finances!

27 minutes ago, Anassar88 said:

Jody just replied, all decisions are hopefully to be out by Friday, they received more than 600 applicants this year. 

600 applicants for the whole MGA program or Peace Studies concentration? Yeah,  I think the answers for the selected applicant will be either today or tomorrow.  

8 hours ago, Godwin44 said:

Please for the Lucky applicants that was admitted, did you send proficiency in a second Language? Was the Language your Native language where you were given birth to? Thank you. 

I did. I am an RPCV, so I sent in my proficiency score in the language I learned through Peace Corps. Good Luck everyone!! ❤️  Hopefully by tomorrow we all have some more answers.