CANADIAN Audiology Thread 2021

speechie97

On 4/1/2021 at 10:01 AM, Slpwannabe97 said:

rejected at western but waitlisted at ottawa. anyone dropping ottawa? its my second year applying and I was on the waitlist 3 times last year where NONE of them reached acceptance. im so upset, I really need this admission. 

hey! i've also been waitlisted at ottawa. i saw someone on the SLP thread say that they will be rejecting their ottawa aud offer for ottawa slp. so spots on the waitlist will deff be opening up! people on the waitlist should hear back after the deadline to accept but they told me (i emailed) that people can hear back as late as september so it's really just a waiting game now. goodluck:) 

Hello everyone! Congrats to those who got admitted to the program of their choice (all the hard work paid off)! Unfortunately I only applied to the Western aud program and got put on the waitlist :( Is there anyone out who still hasn't accepted their offer? Additionally, for those who got accepted, would you mind sharing your GPA stats?

Edited by AUDacity

On 4/13/2021 at 6:19 PM, AudiOt said:

Does anyone know how big western waitlists are? Specifically how many people are in each quadrant?

From what I was told, they generally waitlist the same amount as those receiving acceptances (so around 30) 

8 hours ago, AUDacity said:

From what I was told, they generally waitlist the same amount as those receiving acceptances (so around 30) 

Ohh okay so that means each quadrant should be roughly 7-8 people. Fingers crossed that people on the waitlist can make it in!

54 minutes ago, damaei said:

hey AudiOt, do you know which quadrant you are in?

Yeah I emailed Jane just asking if it was a ranked or unranked waitlist and she responded telling me I'm in quadrant 1. Are you on the waitlist, do you know your quandrant?

21 hours ago, audiologymaybe said:

has anyone here accepted / declined a uottawa offer? cant find much info on the program or many people who have accepted. 

also congrats to everyone who has accepted their offers and good luck to those on waitlists ?

I've accepted SLP at UOttawa and will be declining the Uottawa Aud offer ?

4 hours ago, UWOAudiology2023 said:

Now that the date has passed for accepting or rejecting audiology offers, can someone please let me know when people on the waitlist start getting offers from Western Audiology? Thanks! :)

Hey :)

Did you get waitlisted as well?

In the email that Janet sent,waitlist offers start at the end of April. Im sooo nervous?

Hi everyone! 
i got accepted into Dalhousie and waitlisted at Western. I’m still hoping that western will take me off the waitlist but I went ahead and accepted my offer at Dalhousie. Anyone that got into Dal that would like to connect? And if anyone knows anything about the status of the waitlist at western, please let me know! 

6 hours ago, Aud2021 said:

Hi everyone! 
i got accepted into Dalhousie and waitlisted at Western. I’m still hoping that western will take me off the waitlist but I went ahead and accepted my offer at Dalhousie. Anyone that got into Dal that would like to connect? And if anyone knows anything about the status of the waitlist at western, please let me know! 

congrats on your acceptance!! 

Are you going to choose Western over Dalhousie if you get accepted off the waitlist? 

Also, do you mind sharing your stats? 

4 minutes ago, damaei said:

congrats on your acceptance!! 

Are you going to choose Western over Dalhousie if you get accepted off the waitlist? 

Also, do you mind sharing your stats? 

Thank you! If I get off the Western waitlist within the next week, I will for sure choose it. If I get accepted later than that I will have to think about it a little because by then I will have paid the deposit for Dalhousie. 

I have a sub GPA of 3.83 and about 40 hours of job shadowing experience. Let me know if there is other info you would like me to share :) 

28 minutes ago, Aud2021 said:

Thank you! If I get off the Western waitlist within the next week, I will for sure choose it. If I get accepted later than that I will have to think about it a little because by then I will have paid the deposit for Dalhousie. 

I have a sub GPA of 3.83 and about 40 hours of job shadowing experience. Let me know if there is other info you would like me to share :) 

Hey! thank you for sharing. what kind of volunteering experiences do you have?