CANADIAN Audiology Thread 2021

speechie97

7 hours ago, speechie97 said:

I, unfortunately was not accepted. For those who were accepted or waitlisted, congratulations, you should be proud!!! Just a heads up, for SLP, if you are waitlisted, you can email Janet and she will tell you what quadrant you are in on the waitlist, but nothing else! I'm assuming it's the same for audiology, but I could be wrong! 

I wasn’t accepted for audiology either at western. Congratulations to those who got accepted and good luck to those who are waitlisted! 

1 hour ago, AudiOt said:

I got waitlisted at western aud too, does anyone know how many people they're accepting this year?

May I ask what your GPA was if you don’t mind. And your volunteer experience.

2 hours ago, MelissaFuture SLP said:

I have a 3.74!

I had a 3.5 and didn't get in, do you have any tips - I know that I should focus on raising my gpa, but how much experience did you have in the field? ? And also, congrats on your admission!

Hey everyone, I got into both Western and Dal for Audiology! I am thrilled and didnt expect to get into both places. But now I am having trouble deciding. I am staring at the classes both schools offer, considering location, costs etc.

Can anyone give any insight as to anyone's first hand experience with the program? Have you talked to people who are currently in there or recently graduated? I havent talk to anyone and any info would be highly appreciated, thank you!

20 minutes ago, Quote_Actual said:

Hey everyone, I got into both Western and Dal for Audiology! I am thrilled and didnt expect to get into both places. But now I am having trouble deciding. I am staring at the classes both schools offer, considering location, costs etc.

Can anyone give any insight as to anyone's first hand experience with the program? Have you talked to people who are currently in there or recently graduated? I havent talk to anyone and any info would be highly appreciated, thank you!

I'm biased as I only applied to Dal, but I think that's the easy choice. Was for me! If you're not married to Southwest Ontario, I'd head out East. See ya there if you do :)

41 minutes ago, potentialaud said:

Hey everyone, I was accepted to Western. Does anyone know of audiology school rankings in Canada?

I was accepted into Western as well! If you haven't already, there is a Facebook group you can join for the incoming class of 2023! Anybody who plans on going to Western for Audiology should join so we can all get to know each other! :)

As for rankings, I don't really think there are any. Western, UBC, and Dalhousie all have great Audiology programs and are great schools so I guess it just depends on where you want to live and what school is your top choice!  

Hey guys, supper anxious and kind of feeling down because I know some acceptance and waitlist letters have been sent out and I still haven't heard anything from UBC. Anyone else in the same boat? Anybody else heard anything from them? CONGRATS to all those accepted and waitlisted btw :) 

On 4/3/2021 at 4:43 PM, UWOAudiology2023 said:

I was accepted into Western as well! If you haven't already, there is a Facebook group you can join for the incoming class of 2023! Anybody who plans on going to Western for Audiology should join so we can all get to know each other! :)

As for rankings, I don't really think there are any. Western, UBC, and Dalhousie all have great Audiology programs and are great schools so I guess it just depends on where you want to live and what school is your top choice!  

I second this! There are only 3 english Aud programs in Canada and I think that you will come out as a competent clinician in any of the 3. I recommend weighing in costs, location, program structure, placements and job prospects over rankings to determine which school is best for you!

4 hours ago, wannabeAuD said:

Hey guys, supper anxious and kind of feeling down because I know some acceptance and waitlist letters have been sent out and I still haven't heard anything from UBC. Anyone else in the same boat? Anybody else heard anything from them? CONGRATS to all those accepted and waitlisted btw :) 

Hey! I got an email a few days ago that I'm on the waitlist.  I wouldn't give up hope though.  The email was personalized so maybe they are just slow going sending each individual one out!  I haven't heard from anyone else that has been waitlisted or accepted to UBC yet so I'm sure they are still in the process of sending them out!

8 hours ago, wannabeAuD said:

In the same boat! My UBC application still says 'In Progress' - im super anxious as well, my eyes have been peeled to my email all day. Best of luck :) xx

7 minutes ago, AUDIKelowna said:

Is anyone else still waiting for a email from UBC?

Yup! There was (what i presume to be) a glitch in the system when I logged on on Monday and it said something about information going to be sent on the 14th so I'm just waiting for that day to roll around at this point. 

7 hours ago, wannabeAuD said:

Yup! There was (what i presume to be) a glitch in the system when I logged on on Monday and it said something about information going to be sent on the 14th so I'm just waiting for that day to roll around at this point. 

I got an emailed from Winnie today. Unfortunately I didn’t get in :(