PhD / DrPh Fall 2022

23 hours ago, PallabiDeb said:

Hi, Has anyone heard anything from UIC DrPH? I had my interview last week—no news as of now.  

I haven't heard a thing from them since applying. I did email them to ask about decision timeline last month, and was told decisions go out in March, and that they will communicate both acceptances and rejections. Congrats on the interview! Honestly I've already committed elsewhere, but I'm so curious about UIC just to know if I'd get in or not. 

On 3/18/2022 at 1:48 PM, DrPHwanted said:

FYI-- during the admitted students event today, they mentioned that they expect decisions any day now!

Received my JHU Bloomberg Fellowship rejection today (Environmental Health track). Knew it was unlikely given the small number of DrPH fellows awarded, but still hits hard. Now to decide if I can swing that hefty Hopkins tuition on my own (and if it's worth it). Good luck to those who haven't heard yet!

Edited by HN1

On 3/23/2022 at 1:04 AM, HN1 said:

Received my JHU Bloomberg Fellowship rejection today (Environmental Health track). Knew it was unlikely given the small number of DrPH fellows awarded, but still hits hard. Now to decide if I can swing that hefty Hopkins tuition on my own (and if it's worth it). Good luck to those who haven't heard yet!

So sorry to hear that @HN1. Has anyone else heard back about the Bloomberg Fellowship? The waiting game is awful right now….

1 hour ago, EPI__PHD_International said:

Anyone waiting from UCLA Epidemiology PhD? Did they say when to expect results?

I am waiting for the Community Health Sciences track and have not heard anything. I emailed them last week to get an update and nothing ?

1 hour ago, healtheconphd said:

Hi, if you don't mind sharing, which track did you apply for? And do you intend to accept?

Hi there, I was accepted to the health economics track. I am currently deciding between my offers, but plan to make a decision in advance of the deadline so that the waitlists can move. If I plan to decline, I will repost.

28 minutes ago, kati2195 said:

Hi there, I was accepted to the health economics track. I am currently deciding between my offers, but plan to make a decision in advance of the deadline so that the waitlists can move. If I plan to decline, I will repost.

Thank you for sharing! Best of luck with your decision!

3 hours ago, EPI__PHD_International said:

Anyone waiting from UCLA Epidemiology PhD? Did they say when to expect results?

Hi there, I'm sorry you haven't heard back yet. I believe most acceptances have been sent out already, but I don't know for certain. I was accepted in January after my interview, and I received the official university acceptance letter yesterday. Admitted students also were invited to an in-person admitted students day on April 8th.

On 3/23/2022 at 10:25 AM, sheisgreat said:

Did anyone apply to Loma Linda DrPH and have you heard from them? 

I have an interview scheduled with them. That is from the Health Education track. 

57 minutes ago, BossMomDrPH said:

I have an interview scheduled with them. That is from the Health Education track. 

Oh okay nice! I would like to hear how it goes. 

I applied for the Health Policy and Leadership track, and I am yet to hear from them. 

1 hour ago, epi_queeen said:

Hi there, I'm sorry you haven't heard back yet. I believe most acceptances have been sent out already, but I don't know for certain. I was accepted in January after my interview, and I received the official university acceptance letter yesterday. Admitted students also were invited to an in-person admitted students day on April 8th.

I guess I should be expecting a rejection letter soon. Thank you for telling me about your experience, and wish you the best of luck with your new journey in PhD!

I am waiting for the final decision for the school which I got waitlisted.

I have notified that I am being waitlisted in early Feb, and still no official response. Reached out to the faculty, and still no definite response.

Should I assume this is a rejection? This waiting period is killing me. 

2 hours ago, sheisgreat said:

Oh okay nice! I would like to hear how it goes. 

I applied for the Health Policy and Leadership track, and I am yet to hear from them. 

Will do.  The interview isn't until next month, so it is cutting close- but their program aligns very well with my background and interests. Fingers crossed you hear soon.  I only heard from them the other day.

On 3/24/2022 at 9:45 AM, DrPH Dan said:

So sorry to hear that @HN1. Has anyone else heard back about the Bloomberg Fellowship? The waiting game is awful right now….

I received a rejection as well on 3/22. I feel lucky to have a bit of help through my employer, but it's definitely disappointing to not get it. Good luck to those still waiting!

19 hours ago, BossMomDrPH said:

Will do.  The interview isn't until next month, so it is cutting close- but their program aligns very well with my background and interests. Fingers crossed you hear soon.  I only heard from them the other day.

Definitely!