PhD / DrPh Fall 2022

Would it be okay to send the mail to check the status of the waitlist?

I’ve checked the status in late Feb and am thinking of sending follow-up mail.

I know they would contact me if there were any changes, though I am so anxious 

On 3/15/2022 at 10:45 PM, DrPH-Health Equity said:

Not yet, still patiently and anxiously waiting. Would love to hear if anyone has reached out and heard anything so thanks for posting the question.

FYI-- during the admitted students event today, they mentioned that they expect decisions any day now!

On 3/14/2022 at 1:49 PM, DrPHPlans said:

Is anyone else just refreshing this page constantly? I have already committed to a program but am waiting to hear from one and I still want to know out of curiosity. The programs that haven't sent decisions yet are killing me! And I haven't seen anyone else here post a decision from Rutgers, where I've committed, so I'm dying to know that too, just to see if anyone has heard anything. 

So I applied to Rutgers' Sociology PhD program for Fall 2022 and they never sent an email or letter but I happened to check the application portal and the answer was there and this was about a month ago. I went there for undergrad, not sending an email or letter is pretty "Rutgers." But yeah I don't know if that helps and I didn't apply to the SPH so it could be an entirely different application.  

On 3/10/2022 at 5:22 PM, Public_health_and_cats said:

So I just checked my spam folder on a whim and to my horror there was an interview invite in there I received 13 days ago! I'm sure y'all are way more on top of it than I am, but just in case anyone needs a reminder - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDERS!

So this is not the same thing at all, and I can only imagine how frustrated you are. I'm more just jumping on the message to check spam folders. When I applied for my MPH I was waiting on two schools and it was getting really close to the deadline to accept and then I randomly checked my spam and the letters were in there for like two months. So basically important stuff somehow ends up there. Did you contact them? I'm sorry that happened, that cannot feel good. I'd say it happens but I hate when people say that because its like "I know it happens it just happened to me do you have anything useful to say? " So, with this long of a post unnecessary,  however you are feeling/felt, I am here to validate that. 

4 hours ago, JPZ13 said:

So this is not the same thing at all, and I can only imagine how frustrated you are. I'm more just jumping on the message to check spam folders. When I applied for my MPH I was waiting on two schools and it was getting really close to the deadline to accept and then I randomly checked my spam and the letters were in there for like two months. So basically important stuff somehow ends up there. Did you contact them? I'm sorry that happened, that cannot feel good. I'd say it happens but I hate when people say that because its like "I know it happens it just happened to me do you have anything useful to say? " So, with this long of a post unnecessary,  however you are feeling/felt, I am here to validate that. 

Aw thanks so much for this response! It is an unfortunate thing that happens. But I was able to reach out to them and they were completely understanding and actually still wanted to interview me! So we did the interview and I was accepted. Everything actually worked out great but I definitely could have avoided that panic?

5 hours ago, Public_health_and_cats said:

Aw thanks so much for this response! It is an unfortunate thing that happens. But I was able to reach out to them and they were completely understanding and actually still wanted to interview me! So we did the interview and I was accepted. Everything actually worked out great but I definitely could have avoided that panic?

I am very happy to hear things worked out-congrats!!

16 hours ago, JPZ13 said:

So I applied to Rutgers' Sociology PhD program for Fall 2022 and they never sent an email or letter but I happened to check the application portal and the answer was there and this was about a month ago. I went there for undergrad, not sending an email or letter is pretty "Rutgers." But yeah I don't know if that helps and I didn't apply to the SPH so it could be an entirely different application.  

Interesting! I've had really great interactions wit the SPH, and received an email Feb 16 with an attached admission letter. We also don't have a portal so they sort of have to email us. But, I know as of recently they hadn't yet sent out any rejections, so I'm not sure how good they are with that. Thanks for sharing your experience!

18 hours ago, DrPHPlans said:

Interesting! I've had really great interactions wit the SPH, and received an email Feb 16 with an attached admission letter. We also don't have a portal so they sort of have to email us. But, I know as of recently they hadn't yet sent out any rejections, so I'm not sure how good they are with that. Thanks for sharing your experience!

I received a rejection email February 11th from Rutgers EOH PhD. I emailed them to find out about their timeline the day before and didn’t receive a response to that. 

On 3/19/2022 at 9:30 PM, DrPHPlans said:

I shouldn't have said that. Rutgers is great, I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and definitely feel I received an excellent education. Its just a big state school and comes with a bit of disorganization and some communication issues, such as not sending me a rejection letter two months ago. But yeah, I wasn't making a comment on the quality of the school, and their public health programs are great and there are a bunch of research centers on campus that are health oriented and it'll be great if you end up there! I'm also just a bit of a curmudgeon.

3 hours ago, JPZ13 said:

I shouldn't have said that. Rutgers is great, I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and definitely feel I received an excellent education. Its just a big state school and comes with a bit of disorganization and some communication issues, such as not sending me a rejection letter two months ago. But yeah, I wasn't making a comment on the quality of the school, and their public health programs are great and there are a bunch of research centers on campus that are health oriented and it'll be great if you end up there! I'm also just a bit of a curmudgeon.

No offense taken! Undergrad at huge state universities can be a nightmare when it comes to communications and organization. Grad programs, especially doctorates, tend to be another story because they're so much smaller and produce research and such. I haven't even heard all decisions yet but I've committed to Rutgers. ?

3 hours ago, DrPH_Star said:

Hello,

Has anyone who applied to George Washington University DrPH Program received an acceptance yet or any feedback? 

I received an acceptance mid-February, and there was an admitted students day on March 10th. I would definitely reach out to them to see what's going on if you haven't heard from them! And check your spam just in case!

Hi everyone,

Has anyone heard from USC health economics program by far? Radio silence after their deadline in mid-Jan.

I am also waitlisted at Pitt HPM program, if you have other dominant offers, could you please do us on the waitlist a favor to turn your Pitt offer down? As this is the only potentially fully funded opportunity by now.

Thank you.

15 hours ago, soojung0411 said:

Did anyone get accepted for NYU-GPH Epidemiology? 

I only got to talk to GPH SBS PhD director and was told each concentration/department has two spots. I think at this point they should have sent out admissions but are waiting for people's decisions. I got accepted on March 9 and I am not sure if I am among the first two that they sent out offers in my department (it could be that someone else turned down the offer so quickly). The department wants me to make decisions asap if I decide not to go so that they can fill up the spot with another applicant, although technically I have until April 15, I do feel a little bit pressured, unlike my other programs.   

(For example, I contacted an admin at my current university asking if I turned down the offer between now and campus visit, would another applicant get admitted and be able to visit, I for sure do not want to take a spot if someone else is eager to meet his/her future cohort and I know someone on the waitlist. I was told by the admin that they already overshot so me turning down would not make any difference at this point. No one else has declined so they are not quite at the waitlist territory yet. So obviously different programs approach waitlist in different manners, not all programs would be the if someone turned down the offer then a spot would be freed from waitlist approach. It is very clear to me that NYU GPH SBS is doing the we only have two spots free one then another one will fill in approach) 

Edited by XXXXXXphd2021

34 minutes ago, GlobalHealth_IND said:

Has anyone heard back from Tulane on their IHSD ( International Health and Sustainable development) doctoral applications for Fall 2022 yet?

I reached out to the epi program on the 10th and they told me decisions would be out in a week or two, so hoping for later this week