Preparing for MPH 2022 Canada

17 hours ago, somebodysomewhere said:

I'm awaiting a response from them right now. If you wouldn't mind sharing, what was your application like?

Sure thing, I did my HBSc from UofT in Life Sciences and I’m currently finishing up a graduate diploma in applied health sciences from Western. My undergrad cGPA was 3.5/4 and in the final 2 years it was 3.8. I don’t think schools use grades from outside of undergrad but I think my graduate diploma marks May have helped (90s). In undergrad, I did a capstone project on indigenous mental health. I did some volunteering as a screener at a hospital and volunteered at a local vax clinic. I had my research supervisor profs from undergrad provide my references. 

On 4/15/2022 at 9:59 PM, schoolmph said:

Congrats! Did you just email SASK to rescind? Ill also likely be picking UVIC 

Yes I emailed them to rescind.. I am still on the waitlist for BrockU so I am undecided on what I will do if I end up getting into Brock

On 4/18/2022 at 4:27 PM, applicant100 said:

Congratulations! May I ask if you've applied for full time or part time at UVic?

Thanks ! I applied for full time in the social policy stream! 

3 minutes ago, HealthPromo1 said:

If you applied to Waterloo, check your Quest. My status changed to “waitlisted” this morning.

Thanks for the update!! 

Mine still says no decision has been made ?

2 minutes ago, Owen509 said:

Thanks for the update!! 

Mine still says no decision has been made ?

It may take them a while to get through updating everyone’s profile. Still doesn’t say “rejected” so that’s positive! 

I received my rejections from both UVic and Waterloo this week.

I'm looking for advice on how to improve GPA post graduation. I've already completed my undergrad, so I'm not sure about how I can take courses now to improve my GPA further. Does anyone have any advice for a graduate diploma or some program that is online and doesn't require pretty much the exact same requirements as the MPH to get in?

7 hours ago, mphstew said:

I'm looking for advice on how to improve GPA post graduation. I've already completed my undergrad, so I'm not sure about how I can take courses now to improve my GPA further. Does anyone have any advice for a graduate diploma or some program that is online and doesn't require pretty much the exact same requirements as the MPH to get in?

You can enrol as a special student and just take courses without getting a degree. But what's your GPA? And other experience? Maybe it's possible that there are other aspects of your application that could be improved to make up for a poor GPA?

7 hours ago, mphstew said:

Not sure if this is helpful but guelph has a graduate diploma in public health that is one year ish and I believe the credits/courses are transferable for their mph program :) I believe the gpa needed is just a B average! 

Edited by apple33

9 hours ago, mphstew said:

I am doing a Graduate Diploma in Clinical Epidemiology (online, part-time) at McMaster. You could look into that as well