2021-2022 Application Thread

Theory007

11 minutes ago, EstherBritoAbrio said:

Thank you! Sorry, I think the anxiety is just getting to me a bit. These next few weeks are going to feel like forever ?

It's understandable. I somehow don't feel much anxiety over this point in the process, although I guess I did while I was submitting the applications. I suppose the pandemic has forced me to become a more patient person!!

Best of luck to you

On 1/18/2022 at 2:53 PM, scared_phd said:

I received an interview invitation from Madison. One of the professors I showed an interest to work with in my SOP emailed me to set an appointment time. He said he just wants to discuss my files and interests and intends to record the meeting for all members of the committee to view. I am pretty psyched about this because I didn't think Madison would even consider me, which makes the interview pretty scary (never been too good at those). Hope this is a positive step. If it is, I hope you all get your interview invites soon! Any tips to prepare would be really appreciated; I didn't prepare for the possibility cause I thought I wouldn't get to do one. 

Hey man, would you mind telling us your subfield? Thanks!

14 minutes ago, second-time said:

Hey all

I also got a U Wisconsin Madison interview (IR subfield) - wasn't with one of the Professors I indicated on my SOP and they didn't give a lot of info, but still a good step! It's happening tomorrow

Jealous! Good luck though!

11 hours ago, JCX said:

@Lighthopes

I haven't heard anything from Notre Dame either!~?

Hope you can have some good news soon!~

Thank you !! I hope you do too

11 hours ago, JCX said:

@beyondborders

Hi!~ Could you please share the link of the results page of Brown? I haven't found anything like that.

Thank you!~

And here's the link to that particular result: https://www.thegradcafe.com/result/829066

14 hours ago, JCX said:

@beyondborders

Hi!~ Could you please share the link of the results page of Brown? I haven't found anything like that.

Thank you!~

Hi! here you go https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/?program=Political+Science. But I don't think Brown interviews everyone that gets an offer so the interview likely doesn't mean anything for the rest of us. 

Edited by beyondborders

11 minutes ago, catiecatie said:

Has anyone here been admitted to OSU? Saw someone posting on the results page, but mine is still "pending"...

Yeah mine also still says pending. But when I got an admit last year, the portal changed around this time to show accepted and rejects still said pending for a bit. Hope that isn't the case this year...

36 minutes ago, jjiffy said:

Yeah mine also still says pending. But when I got an admit last year, the portal changed around this time to show accepted and rejects still said pending for a bit. Hope that isn't the case this year...

I agree. But I also find it weird that only one person has posted so far.

I emailed Notre Dame asking them if applicants are rejected if they haven't received an email about virtual visiting this week. They said the final decision will be made in mid-February, so those who didn't make it to the finalists may still have the chance to move up to the short list eventually. 

So I will just wait till the very last moment but still get ready to be rejected by all universities I applied for!~ ?

5 hours ago, jjiffy said:

Yeah kinda weird. I'd give it a bit.

More people are now posting their OSU acceptance results. Mine is also pending. Very disappointed. I guess this ends my OSU application then...

Same here. It seems that international students didn't do that well...

5 minutes ago, LatinAmericanFootball said:

Don't know if anyone else here applied there, but I'm claiming a rejection at UChicago Political Economy. Just received a email from them telling to check the portal.

Edited by Dickinson