2021-2022 Application Thread

Theory007

11 minutes ago, jjiffy said:

Admitted to PoliSci but is still waiting to hear back from PolEcon.

Interesting. I would assume legitimate offers of admission to political science means that those of us who haven't heard anything did not get in. It seems that in the past Chicago sends acceptances all at once in early February and then waits a few weeks before sending rejections. 

Edited by bmo103

For all those wondering about Michigan State University - I emailed the program assistant to learn more about their application timeline and this was their response.

___

"Dear [DanTheGrad],

Thank you for your email. I can report that last week the admissions committee was meeting to make some decisions. I expect them to start sending notifications either this week or sometime into mid-February. Take care.

Best,

Sarah Krause 

Graduate Programs Assistant

Michigan State University

Department of Political Science"

____

Just wanted to share this with y'all to ease any anxiety. :) 

For all those wondering about Boston College - I emailed the program director to learn more about their application timeline and this was their response.

___

"Dear [DanTheGrad],

Thank you for your email and your interest in our program. We have started making decisions and I expect that the rest of them will be made by next Monday at the latest.

Best,

Christopher Kelly"
___

Again, hope this helps. :) 

Response from UC Davis: 

____

"Good morning [DanTheGrad],

We expect to have decisions out by the end of week or early next week. I hope you are well.

Jeremiah Thompson

Graduate Program Coordinator

UC Davis Political Science"

Edited by DanTheGrad
typo

11 minutes ago, DanTheGrad said:

Response from UC Santa Cruz: 

____

"Good morning [DanTheGrad],

We expect to have decisions out by the end of week or early next week. I hope you are well.

Jeremiah Thompson

Graduate Program Coordinator

UC Davis Political Science"

Was this for SC or Davis?

10 minutes ago, bmo103 said:

No problem - thank you for sharing the response!

Yeah - I wanted to share in case any trolls posted on the survey and also to bring hope to those of us who are feeling a little discouraged at the moment (like me).

11 minutes ago, DanTheGrad said:

Yeah - I wanted to share in case any trolls posted on the survey and also to bring hope to those of us who are feeling a little discouraged at the moment (like me).

Thank you! Did you email any other programs by any chance? Right there in the same boat with you, wondering if there will be an acceptance eventually... 

1 hour ago, DanTheGrad said:

For all those wondering about Michigan State University - I emailed the program assistant to learn more about their application timeline and this was their response.

___

"Dear [DanTheGrad],

Thank you for your email. I can report that last week the admissions committee was meeting to make some decisions. I expect them to start sending notifications either this week or sometime into mid-February. Take care.

Best,

Sarah Krause 

Graduate Programs Assistant

Michigan State University

Department of Political Science"

____

Just wanted to share this with y'all to ease any anxiety. :) 

Hi! I just got my acceptance and funding offer from MSU via email from the program director. I did their summer research opportunities program in 2021

4 minutes ago, nevernottryingtounderstand said:

Thank you! Did you email any other programs by any chance? Right there in the same boat with you, wondering if there will be an acceptance eventually... 

I also emailed UCSC, UCSB, UCI, University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, UMich, and University of Maryland - College Park

24 minutes ago, linabean said:

Hi! I just got my acceptance and funding offer from MSU via email from the program director. I did their summer research opportunities program in 2021

That is great! I am so glad to hear you received great news! 

Be sure to share the admit on the survey page if you haven't :)

Edited by DanTheGrad
typo

19 minutes ago, phdhell said:

anyone claim the uchicago acceptances?

Someone earlier said that they have a friend who got admitted to Chicago via email for political science. 

3 minutes ago, CapTipps said:

What about Maryland? They usually call for interviews, right?

I haven't heard anything from Maryland just yet but their application just closed on January 20th, 2021, So, I'm not sure if interviews are part of the process. Looking at previous data, it looks like College Park doesn't host interviews. I could be completely wrong but I will update once I get a response.

22 minutes ago, bmo103 said:

Anyone have any info on UNC Chapel Hill decisions? Historically acceptances have gone out in very early Feb.

I have not. According to this website that aggregates gradcafe data, we should expect to hear probably sometime this week or next.

(I believe this link got posted here awhile ago but always nice to repost it as it's such a useful resource.)