2021-2022 Application Thread

Theory007

1 hour ago, Paul123fasd said:

I also think the Berkeley acceptances on the survey page is super suspicious. However, one thing I don't get is, if the Berkeley acceptances are from a troll, why would he or she not make a fake post about it on this Forum? I don't think it makes sense for them to not know about this forum since it's the most active forum going on for poli sci. 

The phrase "Just finding about this forum" from the Berkeley acceptance post seems super suspicious.

Right.

1. if they can find the results page, why cannot anyone show up here?

2. showing up here means they might face the demand for showing a screenshot or more details.

and here we go again, a much early umich rej

Edited by modesteffect

11 minutes ago, Avocado_town said:

@modesteffect Umich is Michigan Ann Arbor, right? I don't see it on the results page. Maybe he or she deleted it?

About Michigan, where are we supposed to check for the results? On the application portal or on that page called Wolverine access?

It is still there https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/?per_page=20&q=&institution=&program=Political+Science&degree=

I m not sure, but i am only waiting for email 

2 minutes ago, IAMK said:

Do you think the results of admission to the University of Michigan posted on the grad cafe are real? If it's real, why is there only one posted? 

It might be an outlier, since it's told by poi which is unsual. they might have sort of private connection. BTW, i think most schools already know the results by now since they need a week or two to report to DGS

2 hours ago, modesteffect said:

It might be an outlier, since it's told by poi which is unsual. they might have sort of private connection. BTW, i think most schools already know the results by now since they need a week or two to report to DGS

I wonder if we'll get something this week. The website FAQ says first week of February, and alas, I forgot January's almost over. No news is good news I guess. (Also, we applied to some of the same schools... it's going to be a big week... best of luck!! :))

Does anyone know if public policy & political science results for UMich (Ann Arbor) will come out at the same time as political science results? (My experience is that in some schools the joint programs are always evaluated by the poli sci dept and in others there's a mixed committee).
Given that the public policy & econ results all came out with the econ results I suspect PP & poli sci should come out with poli sci...

Edited by politely_curious

9 hours ago, modesteffect said:

It is still there https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/?per_page=20&q=&institution=&program=Political+Science&degree=

I m not sure, but i am only waiting for email 

10 hours ago, Avocado_town said:

@modesteffect Umich is Michigan Ann Arbor, right? I don't see it on the results page. Maybe he or she deleted it?

About Michigan, where are we supposed to check for the results? On the application portal or on that page called Wolverine access?

Hey guys - I think Michigan already sent out their initial list of acceptances. I have also found someone on twitter who claimed an acceptance. (see attached). 

IMG_0429.jpg

Just now, SchnozEP said:

Hi, everyone! Is there any other guy reveived an email from Maryland, titled "Thank you for applying to UMD - Campus Virtual Tour, Resources, and More!"

I'm just wondering whether it is sent to every applicants? Or I thought too much and being too anxious

Just received it as well. I think it is a standard e-mail for everyone who applied ? But I understand the anxiety Lol

13 minutes ago, sbidyanta said:

Emory acceptances have begun to pour in on the results page. Anyone claiming any of those? 

I got one too. Received email from the chair of the admissions committee. Funding to come later as @LatinAmericanFootballsaid.  

Edited by scared_phd
correction

Just got a rejection email from the UW-Madison DGS. I saw some had been invited for interviews so I figured my chances were slim. Congrats to those who got in.

3 minutes ago, jjiffy said:

Just got a rejection email from the UW-Madison DGS. I saw some had been invited for interviews so I figured my chances were slim. Congrats to those who got in.

Same here. I just received the rejection email from DGS, CP, 2nd time applicant to UWM.

8 minutes ago, Agape9453 said:

Same here. I just received the rejection email from DGS, CP, 2nd time applicant to UWM.

Same here, 1st time though. Kinda intrigued, because I got offers from OSU and Minnesota, and I feel UW-Madison is a similar program... but anyway, I already gave up trying to understand admissions decisions haha