2021-2022 Application Thread

Theory007

4 minutes ago, catiecatie said:

Also claiming Princeton acceptance!!

Sooo @catiecatie... We need to talk. WHAT DO YOU DO TO HAVE A CYCLE LIKE THIS lol? I'd encourage you to share your stats and advice when it's all over since I'm sure many could learn from what you did.

1 hour ago, Taaya said:

Hello everyone, 

Congrats to all those admitted and good luck for those awaiting their hopefully good news. 

I saw this cycle is not as brutal as last year! 

Anyone applied to Canadian schools and any news so far ? i applied to 6 polisci programs there and could not see any updates. 

I applied to 2 programs in Canada and haven't heard anything from them (though tbh I most possibly will study in the U.S. because of funding, location, faculty, etc). According to my professor, they will release results a month after the U.S. universities.
Also, congrats to all of you who received good news today!

7 minutes ago, LatinAmericanFootball said:

Also in at Princeton!! Thrilled and shocked - I did NOT think my fit there was great, but they must know better than me. My decision just got much harder...

Congrats! sounds tough choice, but sweet! looks like you can start to decline or withdraw some schoools now.

9 minutes ago, LatinAmericanFootball said:

Also in at Princeton!! Thrilled and shocked - I did NOT think my fit there was great, but they must know better than me. My decision just got much harder...

Seeing the news of Princeton’s stipend and knowing what Berkeley’s is, I know what I’d pick ;) 

Also claiming an admission to Princeton :) CP. First admission of the cycle! It seems that the match does matter.

Background: BA (PoliSci) and MSc (Data Science) in Germany, focus on authoritarianism, but currently working in private sector as a data scientist (doing a lot of Natural Language Processing related topics)

Edited by qxy

1 hour ago, Theory007 said:

Sooo @catiecatie... We need to talk. WHAT DO YOU DO TO HAVE A CYCLE LIKE THIS lol? I'd encourage you to share your stats and advice when it's all over since I'm sure many could learn from what you did.

Thanks! I will definitely share after the cycle is over (although I think it is actually over since Princeton is my dream program). I have learned so much from this forum although I tend to be quiet most of the time... 

1 hour ago, modesteffect said:

Congrats!! What does your background look like? you are the contrast of me...

Just to share some background info: BA from an international university and MA in Polisci in the US. I am in IR/methods subfield with a focus on IPE. I honestly think GRE, TOEFL and GPA do not matter as much as people say they do, but I think solid research experience really matters (and professors can really tell from your writing sample and SOP).

I was actually hoping for 1-2 acceptances before applying, but the results turned out to be better than what I expected. The cycle is far from over yet, and I am sure you will all get good news soon! 

The UCs were several days late on releasing offers (almost a full week!), as was Princeton. Seems like a lot of programs are delayed a few days than expected, which doesn't help the stress on our end! Congrats to all those who got offers to programs!

Any word on Michigan?

1 minute ago, Paul123fasd said:

Congrats! Did you get an email from DGS for Rochester?

Thank you! I received an email from a professor in the department (not the DGS). I'm assuming an official offer will be sent in the coming weeks.

Can someone claim the University of Utah admit? That was one of the schools I applied to, but haven't heard anything. If they really have sent out the admits, it may be a rejection for me. 

10 hours ago, honeymoow said:

Yeah! It was a mass email from the DGS.

Thank you! Quick question, was it PoliSci or Public Policy? I know Princeton has both and I dont know if they send out results at different times. Just to prepare ?