2021-2022 Application Thread

Theory007

1 minute ago, Au_DD said:

It really was not clear to me either. I only found out about this requirement two weeks after submitting my application causing me to panic. 

Oh gosh, thank you for the info! I'm sending it to them now. Panicking slightly but choosing to believe that them notifying me this late into the cycle is a good sign...

26 minutes ago, polyglotaspiring said:

I just received an email from USC that I have an incomplete application - official transcripts. I remember reading their website in detail when I applied and it said that I didn't need them when submitting my app... I wonder if this is a sign?

I got that too. I hope it means we are at least being seriously considered!

5 hours ago, phdhell said:

On the survey results page it seems like Yale has usually released results around today/yesterday, so there is still hope that they'll come out sometime this week!

That's amazing! Thanks for sharing. I'll look out for an update. For some reason, I recall coming across previous results that indicated end Feb (though there were 1-2 candidates who got calls/emails a few days earlier). I also remember thinking that it was nice of them to notify admitted/rejected/waitlisted candidates more or less together!

1 hour ago, polyglotaspiring said:

I just received an email from USC that I have an incomplete application - official transcripts. I remember reading their website in detail when I applied and it said that I didn't need them when submitting my app... I wonder if this is a sign?

Same here! Hopefully they will be considering all "incomplete" applications. This info was not clear at all, I even reached out to the program coordinator and Graduate School at the time and no one replied ?

MIT rejection email here too. I figure Stanford is also a reject so this wraps up my cycle. Receiving the Berkeley acceptance a few weeks ago gave me hope heading into Columbia, Stanford, and MIT so I am a little bummed. But also I have 4 offers I am very grateful for. Overall a successful cycle!

2 minutes ago, catiecatie said:

Also MIT rejection email here! It was a bad fit so I'm not really surprised. Congrats to those who got in!

A day I never thought I'd live to see. Sorry to hear but still congrats on the rest of your cycle and good luck on those last two!

Edited by jjiffy

33 minutes ago, catiecatie said:

Also MIT rejection email here! It was a bad fit so I'm not really surprised. Congrats to those who got in!

Tough luck. You have great acceptances! I'm at Harvard right now and took a graduate seminar at MIT last semester - honestly, I know they have a Security Studies specialty, but I liked everything about Harvard better! 

I wonder how long Yale is going to make us wait...

19 minutes ago, Hazel C said:

Hi guys. Anyone knows about Georgetown, Cornell, UMD, Northeastern, Pittsburgh- no hope or still making decisions? At this point, I need to prepare mentally,,, 

I'm also waiting on Georgetown and UMD. Are you American Politics? Seems like for those two schools only IR/CP have heard back.