Journalism Masters Programs - Fall 2022 Applications

GradCat2022

On 3/8/2022 at 2:42 PM, journo2022 said:

@NYCGrad19 hello! I applied to Columbia’s data track and had an interview with them the beginning of February! They said we should expect to hear around mid-march and I haven’t heard anything since. I also applied to NYU’s newsdoc program and just got an interview this morning. I talked with a grad student at the program who said results typically come out by the end of March. Hope this helps!

Got it- thanks so much!! Do you know of anyone who has applied to the Stabile program and if they received an interview? Seems very program by program, and I'm not finding anything on other threads ? 

24 minutes ago, GradCat2022 said:

@NYCGrad19 I guess different specializations at NYU send out their decisions at different times, because my portal doesn't have a decision yet. 

Oops sorry about that- I guess my specialization was released earlier. Didn't mean to send out a false alarm ? 

@NYCGrad19 idk much about Stabile, but on last year’s thread documentary ppl were invited for an interview. It also seems like only the specialized programs include interview as part of the process :) I think docu and Stabile fall under the general MS program,  so they might share the same selection process?

I applied for the Columbia journalism's data program and had my interview on Feb 3rd. I heard from a friend who attended Columbia that they release all decisions on the 17th or 18th of March.

3 hours ago, pinki said:

I applied for the Columbia journalism's data program and had my interview on Feb 3rd. I heard from a friend who attended Columbia that they release all decisions on the 17th or 18th of March.

Ah okay thank you! Do you know if they offer interviews for Stabile?

Just now, JournalismGrad said:

Hi, Congratulations to all who got in!! 

For the Columbia MS program 2022 (General) where do we check the results? Do we receive it on email or is there a website to check the result? Would be grateful for any guidance on this!

Hi! I just received an email letting me know decisions were available. I haven’t checked yet, but it looks like you follow a link to the portal.