Journalism Masters Programs - Fall 2022 Applications

GradCat2022

1 hour ago, GSJ said:

Received a full tuition!!!! almost can't believe ❤️

Oh man, congrats!! Does it say on your portal what award you got? It doesn't say for mine, and I wish I knew bc they did not offer me a ton of money hah.

10 minutes ago, rchow said:

Oh man, congrats!! Does it say on your portal what award you got? It doesn't say for mine, and I wish I knew bc they did not offer me a ton of money hah.

It only says "Journalism Scholarship"

6 hours ago, vars98 said:

I got my acceptance from Columbia 2 days ago! Haven't heard from NYU yet though. Also still waiting on Berkeley.

Congratulations on Columbia! Not sure which concentration you applied to at NYU, but I spoke to someone at the school and they said Literary Reportage people will hear by the end of this week. 

I suppose we won't hear anything back today because its St. Patrick's day. 

Anyone hear back from Northwestern Medill for round 2 Magazine specialization? I believe you get notified by phone call if you're accepted. The website says by April 4th.

Also I think NYU Cultural Reporting and Criticism is typically the last specialization to send results out, usually around the 25th of March. Other forums have said they only accept around 15 people a year. 

@GradCat2022 Congrats on your acceptance! Which program/concentration did you apply for Columbia? I also applied to Medill and NYU's Newsdoc program, can't wait to find out! That said, I'm 90 percent sure that I'll go to Columbia - I'm not from the US, and it seems like Northwestern and NYU typically don't give out huge scholarship to international students. Super thankful for Columbia's offer tho.

Congrats to everyone who got into Columbia, seems like everybody received some scholarship, I have been unfortunate in the area ? I haven't received any kind of scholarship. I am waiting on NYU and Berkeley, hoping for some scholarship because I don't think I can afford Columbia's tuition that too just for 9 and a half months.

On 3/17/2022 at 3:41 PM, Nai23 said:

Congratulations on Columbia! Not sure which concentration you applied to at NYU, but I spoke to someone at the school and they said Literary Reportage people will hear by the end of this week. 

Thank you! I applied for NewsDoc at NYU, hopefully they have a similar timeline.

On 3/5/2022 at 2:32 AM, JournGrad2022 said:

I've been looking at this forum a bit and decided to actually post something to compare. I've applied for journalism programs at University of Oregon, University of Missouri, NYU (Literary Reportage), Columbia, CUNY (Engagement Journalism), and Temple, and am applying to Berkeley this weekend with the newly extended deadline. So far, I've been accepted to U of O, Missouri, CUNY (offered full ride!), and Temple. I spoke to a professor at BU but haven't heard anything about being admitted. Does anyone know if they send out admissions around this time, or do you think they'll send out around the same time as Columbia and NYU (mid-March)? Nice to meet you all!

Hey, literary reportage decisions are out on the portal, you might want to check! 

2 minutes ago, JournGrad2022 said:

Thanks for the heads up! My admissions portal hasn't been updated yet, not sure if that means rejection or if they're doing the decisions in waves. 

The director of the program just emailed and said that everyone who is receiving offers will get them by tomorrow, so fingers crossed!