2022 Fall Application: Chat, Share and Support One Another

CinnamonCream

1 hour ago, anxiousbutalive said:

That's what I thougt *sigh*. Altought, 3 out of 5 NYU post are from Steinhardt. 

It would be nice to hear from the NYU offer-holders if there are any around.

Was it a formal email or one from POI? Did your status already update in the portal?

18 minutes ago, venusasaboy said:

A lot of the NYU decisions look like they're from Steinhardt Soc of Education. I haven't heard anything so I'm getting increasingly anxious about it hahaha.

yeah....On the one hand I feel like their is no logical reason they would have just said 'sociology' and not 'sociology of education'... But at the same time only 3 acceptances seems low for a program as big as NYU Sociology?

The annoying thing is unless somebody claims them we won't know for another 2 weeks lol

1 minute ago, Blane said:

yeah....On the one hand I feel like their is no logical reason they would have just said 'sociology' and not 'sociology of education'... But at the same time only 3 acceptances seems low for a program as big as NYU Sociology?

The annoying thing is unless somebody claims them we won't know for another 2 weeks lol

I just want to assume it as a soft rejection due to mental health issues. However, I can't for the same reasons you state LMAO 

4 minutes ago, anxiousbutalive said:

I just want to assume it as a soft rejection due to mental health issues. However, I can't for the same reasons you state LMAO 

dude, if that is not how i'd summarize this entire process then I dunno what is haha. 

plz somebody who got an NYU offer provide some info and help end this torment.

6 hours ago, anxiousbutalive said:

3 out of 5 NYU post are from Steinhardt

I'm not an offer holder, but my guess is that 5 of the NYU post are from Steinhardt. The two of those that didn't state so are probably just lazy or not aware of the ambiguities it may cause in the eyes of others. It also makes more sense that there are 5 updates from the same program, with some acceptances and rejections, than 2 from GSAS and 3 from Steinhardt. The fact that GSAS Sociology released results on the same day last year made things extra fishy, but I don't think past history holds that much predictive power (even though it is a crude reference).

28 minutes ago, CinnamonCream said:

I'm not an offer holder, but my guess is that 5 of the NYU post are from Steinhardt. The two of those that didn't state so are probably just lazy or not aware of the ambiguities it may cause in the eyes of others. It also makes more sense that there are 5 updates from the same program, with some acceptances and rejections, than 2 from GSAS and 3 from Steinhardt. The fact that GSAS Sociology released results on the same day last year made things extra fishy, but I don't think past history holds that much predictive power (even though it is a crude reference).

True ! However, I did also notice some time ago that typing 'NYU' in the result searchbar only suggests Steinhardt + Wagner + Stern, and there is no option for GSAS or even just 'NYU' (for which you have type the words 'new york university' in full). I noticed this when I at first I couldn't find the genuine NYU Sociology results from previous years, and reckon maybe some Sociology people might have just picked whatever option was available when they typed 'NYU'. 

(And yes, re-reading what I just typed I did feel a sense of shame for my compulsive pot-watching)

4 hours ago, nervoussociologyapplicant said:

Hey everyone, just got off the phone with the Department of Sociology at UCLA. They told me if I didn’t hear back by now, it’s a rejection. Sad:/

This is both sad and a relief. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Requis63 said:

Just got off the phone with NYU (GSAS). They said that the decision letters haven't been posted yet and that they would be sent out by the end of the month. There might be hope after all folks!

Appreciated!