2022 Fall Application: Chat, Share and Support One Another

CinnamonCream

3 hours ago, hiddenpalms said:

Has anyone heard anything about McGill's PhD program in Sociology? 

I got an acceptance via email on Feb 28th and the portal updated just now today. There are some acceptances posted on the result board too, for McGill Sociology

29 minutes ago, ahwithsoc said:

I got an acceptance via email on Feb 28th and the portal updated just now today. There are some acceptances posted on the result board too, for McGill Sociology

Thanks I just checked the portal and it says "in review". I hope that isn't the only batch of acceptances!

Has anyone heard from the Princeton Soc PhD program? I saw two admits but haven't received a rejection yet; from what I gathered in recent years, the acceptances and rejections all usually get sent out at around the same time?

On 3/2/2022 at 5:47 AM, awesome3141 said:

As someone that got in to Minnesota and Washington this year- I wouldn't waste a second year trying to get in to Washington. Their stipend is TINY, despite having a very high cost of living. In my opinion, I'm not sure people can actually afford to attend Washington without having to find other financial means. Additionally, in my experience, Minnesota is way better respected than Washington in Sociology, despite the fact Washington ranks a little higher right now. 

@awesome3141 I know you've gotten into a bunch of top programs (way to go!). Would you be willing to share how the funding packages compare? Did most places offer 1-2 years of fellowship? Did anyone guarantee RAships?

10 hours ago, FlyingJen said:

saw someone posted an interview for JHU

I was wondering about that. I don't think they normally do interviews, especially not after the first wave of offers/rejections were out. 

2 hours ago, wzzzzzz said:

I was wondering about that. I don't think they normally do interviews, especially not after the first wave of offers/rejections were out. 

Yeah, hope it means something good. Seems that rejections are out, but no one declare waitlist or more offers. 

I called NYU (unsurprisingly) and they said decisions were sent out Mon/Tues but to wait a week “just in case” ??? Lol don’t decisions either go out or they don’t? Also I was told that acceptances aren’t necessarily being sent out before rejections (or vice versa)

8 minutes ago, polsoc2021 said:

I called NYU (unsurprisingly) and they said decisions were sent out Mon/Tues but to wait a week “just in case” ??? Lol don’t decisions either go out or they don’t? Also I was told that acceptances aren’t necessarily being sent out before rejections (or vice versa)

This sounds so confusing! It's like they have no idea what they are doing. 

4 hours ago, polsoc2021 said:

What the actual f*, I really don't understand hahah. My application status has been "submitted" since december 2021.