2022 Computational Biology/Bioinformatics/Systems Biology PhD Admissions

fred2000

Hi everyone! I've been stalking this page for a minute. I applied to programs that have a strong systems biology/high-throughput research focus which means I sometimes applied to CSB programs and sometimes I applied to Bio programs. These are the universities and programs:

Cornell BMCB

MIT CSB

Yale BBS

Harvard ILS

Wisconsin-Madison CMB

U Minn Molecular and Cellular biology

U Mich PiBS

Purdue ILS

WashU DBBS

BU PiBs

I already heard back from Purdue and will have my interview next week!

Good luck everyone!!!

Edited by notafirebender
typo

13 minutes ago, notafirebender said:

Hi everyone! I've been stalking this page for a minute. I applied to programs that have a strong systems biology/high-throughput research focus which means I sometimes applied to CSB programs and sometimes I applied to Bio programs. These are the universities and programs:

Cornell BMCB

MIT CSB

Yale BBS

Harvard ILS

Wisconsin-Madison CMB

U Minn Molecular and Cellular biology

U Mich PiBS

Purdue ILS

WashU DBBS

BU PiBs

I already heard back from Purdue and will have my interview next week!

Good luck everyone!!!

Congrats on Purdue!!

2 hours ago, fred2000 said:

There definitely are a lot more people. This post has a decent amount of views. If ANYONE has heard back about interviews from any school, please kindly share! Thanks

I got an interview from UNC Chapel Hill BBSP, no one else has responded (yet). 

@fred2000 Yes I'd like the majority of my work to be on dry lab projects, though I am not afraid of a little wet lab stuff to get good data. There are several PI's I'm interested in rotating with, so I think I would follow their advice on choosing a specialty. I am pretty confident bioinformatics is what I want to do long-term, so that's what I'll be pushing for.

Edited by adaig1118

Hi everyone!

I applied only for the CSB MIT. I am an international student, so the stats are quite scary. Is there anyone else specifically interested in the program? I assume we should expect the results only in the middle of January (it is like an eternity). 

Wish everyone best of luck?!

16 hours ago, pls_take_me said:

also why is this forum so dead this year. are less people applying?

I think it’s not the time yet. Also I checked the previous post, it had ~ the same number of comments in the middle of December. 

7 minutes ago, coolkois said:

Hey all. I got an interview from Princeton QCB today! 

It'd be great if people can post their interview / status here so we can all be updated. :) 

Congrats!! Welp looks like I got rejected from Princeton then as I didn't get any invitation