2022 Computational Biology/Bioinformatics/Systems Biology PhD Admissions

fred2000

5 minutes ago, mudjemkins said:

Thanks!

International undergrad, research experience about 10 months, no publications, ranked top 10 in my class (out of 550+), strong LORs, got in touch with PI before applying

That's awesome. When/how did they say they were going to host the interview weekend?

1 hour ago, PrimaryCorrelation said:

Uh... did you actually get an invite or are you lying? I asked yesterday and they said that they were going virtual but keeping the interview dates the same.

Interesting. @mudjemkins did your interview request say anything about Omicron or why they changed the interview dates?

3 hours ago, leopard said:

Did anyone email Princeton QCB? I know someone said they got an interview request last week but it was only one person so makes me wonder if it was just a personalized interview request from a POI.

Princeton doesn't do interview requests from POIs. It's all handled by the coordinator. Grad Cafe has quite a few QCB interviews from last week. 

53 minutes ago, tokyoboy101 said:

Princeton doesn't do interview requests from POIs. It's all handled by the coordinator. Grad Cafe has quite a few QCB interviews from last week. 

There's only one in the results page and one person said the got an interview in this forum (which could be the same person), that's why I'm not so sure that they sent out all invites.

Hi guys. Just got interview from GGD@Cornell, the first email out of my 10 applications. The list of programs I am now waiting:

CBM@tri-institutional, CB@UCB, Bioinformatics@BU, BIG@Harvard, CSB@MIT, CB@CMU-Pitts, GCB@Upenn, Bioinformatics@UCLA, BISB@UCSD

I know Bioinformatics@UCLA has already sent several invitations. Apart from that, I heard nothing about other programs. Please let me know if you know anything else.

Hope the information helpful to you and wish you more interviews before the the Christmas.

13 minutes ago, DignoMor said:

Hi guys. Just got interview from GGD@Cornell, the first email out of my 10 applications. The list of programs I am now waiting:

CBM@tri-institutional, CB@UCB, Bioinformatics@BU, BIG@Harvard, CSB@MIT, CB@CMU-Pitts, GCB@Upenn, Bioinformatics@UCLA, BISB@UCSD

I know Bioinformatics@UCLA has already sent several invitations. Apart from that, I heard nothing about other programs. Please let me know if you know anything else.

Hope the information helpful to you and wish you more interviews before the the Christmas.

I haven't heard back from these programs either. UCLA has sent out invites, but I didn't get anything. I don't know if this means I am eliminated, but keeping the hope.

Hi all, figured I'd share my schools since I'm also curious if harvard ssqbio already sent interviews or not

Columbia Systems Bio - Interview 

Princeton QCB - Interview

UCLA Bioinformatics - Interview

Haven't heard from: Harvard ssqbio, MIT CSB, Stanford Biosciences, UC Berkeley Comp Bio, and Mount Sinai Icahn Biomedical