2022 Computational Biology/Bioinformatics/Systems Biology PhD Admissions

fred2000

3 minutes ago, hte123 said:

Sorry. Is Yale BBS CBB track already sending rejections? ?

I think I was filtered out! My undergrad is a state school so I probably didn't meet whatever academic pedigree they're looking for. 

I did just receive invitations to interview from WUSTL and UW-M!

Hope you succeed in your interviews!

1 hour ago, notafirebender said:

I think I was filtered out! My undergrad is a state school so I probably didn't meet whatever academic pedigree they're looking for. 

Hi everyone! I just heard about the gradcafe so it's my first time on here. 

I'm hoping to study plant biology so I'm applying predominantly to umbrella Bio programs. 

My program list is: 

Duke Bio, U.C.Berkeley Plant Bio, U.Pen Bio, U.W. Bio, U.C.SD Bio, U.Mich MCDB, MIT Bio &  U.AZ Mol&Cell Bio

I have only heard back from U Az w/ an interview offer so far!!! Has anyone heard back from any of these other programs?? 

I just heard back from Northwestern IBiS, got a call from my PI of interest which I was not expecting! Not really a computational biology program but that's what I would be doing in this lab. Seems they currently have plans for in person interviews but plans are likely to change. 

2 hours ago, fred2000 said:

Congrats!! Is that Columbia's Integrated program? I had it on my list to apply but it seemed to bio-heavy for my research interests.

I honestly get so confused by Columbia's program structure--think it's integrated program with selected program being comp / systems bio but don't quote me on that

Hello everybody!!

I just found the gradcafe because I was anxious looking for interview dates from previous years. I'm a student from Mexico! Sincerely I'm kinda scared because the international rate of acceptance is kinda low in almost all programs I applied. However here they are:

UPenn: GCB 

Columbia: IPCMBS

UCSD: BSB

UCSC: BMEB [Interview mail received on 12/15]

UCLA: Bioinformatics

UCSF: Biomedical Informatics [Rejected on 12/15]

UChicago: GGSB

I'm tired of refreshing my mail.

Wish you all good luck :)!!!! 

Edited by chr_angel

19 hours ago, notafirebender said:

Did your application portal for WUSTL revert back to the way it looked before (with the "Ready to Review" status) after submitting the faculty list and profile picture? I just checked it again and it reverted and I'm worried ?

Edited by fingerscrossed2022

1 hour ago, WaterSpinach said:

International student here. Just received an invitation to interview from UCLA Bioinformatics Program!

Have anyone got a message from Yale CBB?

Congrats!!!! I hope they're not done with the invitations yet :( I applied there too! Can I ask when did you send your application?

Edited by chr_angel

18 hours ago, fingerscrossed2022 said:

Did your application portal for WUSTL revert back to the way it looked before (with the "Ready to Review" status) after submitting the faculty list and profile picture? I just checked it again and it reverted and I'm worried ?

My WUSTL application portal just says submitted lol. I think it's okay!! But if you're worried at all I would definitely reach out to them.