Biomedical Sciences PhD Applicants (Fall 2022)

pathoscientist

23 minutes ago, ImmunoCat said:

Heard back from Stanford today and got an invite for an interview! Was in shock as this was the school I did not expect to hear from! Had my UCI interview today and it went well; they asked very standard interview questions and made it feel very conversational as opposed to a formal interview.

Applied: UCLA, UCI, USC, Stanford

Interview: UCLA, UCI, USC, Stanford

Nice, congratulations!! Which program for Stanford? 

2 hours ago, ImmunoCat said:

Heard back from Stanford today and got an invite for an interview! Was in shock as this was the school I did not expect to hear from! Had my UCI interview today and it went well; they asked very standard interview questions and made it feel very conversational as opposed to a formal interview.

UCI has a separate ‘recruitment event’, right?

I was told they have one on Jan 28th, wondering if that’s the only date or if they have multiple ?

28 minutes ago, hp0809 said:

UCI has a separate ‘recruitment event’, right?

I was told they have one on Jan 28th, wondering if that’s the only date or if they have multiple ?

Yeah I believe they have a recruitment event on Jan 14th as well that I was told about today. I think they're still finalizing the schedule for that though.

3 hours ago, ImmunoCat said:

I am assuming you applied to an immuno program at UCI? how many faculty did you interview with, I have mine later this month and am super excited ab it!! 

56 minutes ago, littleneuroscientist said:

I am assuming you applied to an immuno program at UCI? how many faculty did you interview with, I have mine later this month and am super excited ab it!! 

Yeah I applied to the immunology and microbiology program at UCI! It was 3 different faculty that interviewed me; they each had 30 mins and then we got a 15 min break in between each interview. It actually was not too bad of a setup for being on zoom. Good luck on your interview!!

8 hours ago, ImmunoCat said:

Congratulations! ?

Are you an international student?

21 hours ago, QWERTYMNB97 said:

Someone mentioned in Reddit that they received CMM invite in mid of december. Also the interview is in next week. I lost hope on that :(

On a side note CMM is a gigantic program which receives ~1000+ applications each year. It is virtually impossible they finish reviewing all materials in a week. Their program administrator/ program inquiry email is very unresponsive though. So there's that.

20 hours ago, ImmunoCat said:

Thank you! I applied to the Immunology home program!

Congratulations on the interview! Do you have any clues as to whether this was the only round of invites ( like a deadline to respond or something?)

3 hours ago, SodiumDS said:

On a side note CMM is a gigantic program which receives ~1000+ applications each year. It is virtually impossible they finish reviewing all materials in a week. Their program administrator/ program inquiry email is very unresponsive though. So there's that.

I think the interviews started going out around the second week of december, the admin office is usually two people if they missed your email I'm sure they wouldn't mind a polite reminder email. The number I heard was ~40 invited and the cohort is around 17 people. Both BCMB and CMM are supported via training grant unlike bigger umbrella programs though so if it is your top choice let them know that, they usually really try and send admissions to people they know will go there. 

1 hour ago, M.tb said:

Congratulations on the interview! Do you have any clues as to whether this was the only round of invites ( like a deadline to respond or something?)

Thank you! I'm really not too sure. I know the only dates they are interviewing are February 15th-17th so I'd think there may be time for them to send more invites since the date isn't for another month!

1 hour ago, M.tb said:

I also got an interview invite to Stanford (CSB home program). There's a survey for us to fill out by Jan 14th so if anyone turns down the offer, they may send more out in the following week I'd guess?

5 hours ago, MediaMonkey said:

I also got an interview invite to Stanford (CSB home program). There's a survey for us to fill out by Jan 14th so if anyone turns down the offer, they may send more out in the following week I'd guess?

Dang it. I applied to Stanford's Cancer Biology Home program and haven't heard anything. Probably a silent rejection at this point then?

2 hours ago, Starfleet Scientist said:

Dang it. I applied to Stanford's Cancer Biology Home program and haven't heard anything. Probably a silent rejection at this point then?

I received the official invite in my spam so double check there. It seems like they have sent out some rejections so maybe silence means they don't have an official decision on your application.