Biomedical Sciences PhD Applicants (Fall 2022)

pathoscientist

On 1/10/2022 at 11:14 AM, Byebyecancer said:

Weil Cornell IMP just finished reviewing their first round interviews. Their email went into spam folder so I’d double check your spam. Their second round interviews + recruitment event will be hosted on Jan 26-28th virtually. Still anxiously waiting for MD Anderson… 

Have you heard from them about the interviewee portal thing? It said in the first email that they will be reaching out soon to share more information about the second round blah blah but I didn't receive anything.

2 hours ago, biomedtrack112 said:

Is it worth sending an updated CV to school’s I haven’t heard from? Or should I just accept this as a silent rejection and wait until next year. I have three-four papers I’ll be listed as an author in but not a first 

I sent email to ask if I could update my CV, all those refused.

Once the ‘application form’ was submitted, cannot change the details.

25 minutes ago, Vaccinia said:

Have you heard from them about the interviewee portal thing? It said in the first email that they will be reaching out soon to share more information about the second round blah blah but I didn't receive anything.

So far I’ve only got the invite to their Canvas (ie interviewee portal), which provides some info about the program. Other than that, I haven’t received anything regarding the second round interview either. Hopefully we’ll hear back soon though ??

Add me to the UNC BSSP rejection club. 

I didn’t have a lot of hope on this because I’m international, and they had already sent out a lot of invites. 
Same goes for UPenn CAMB

1 hour ago, hp0809 said:

Add me to the UNC BSSP rejection club. 

I didn’t have a lot of hope on this because I’m international, and they had already sent out a lot of invites. 
Same goes for UPenn CAMB

+1

I was expecting this too.

1 hour ago, pozix said:

I got rejected from Brandeis BCBP PhD program but got an interview offer for the BCBP Masters program! I'm glad I have a second chance(?) at this school

I went to Brandeis for my masters - MCB though, not biochem.
It’s fairly common for masters students to get into PhD program and you are also on ‘fast track’ so you save some time - you can transfer class credits, rotate in summer and start your thesis earlier (instead of spending your entire first year doing rotations) 

4 hours ago, Byebyecancer said:

So far I’ve only got the invite to their Canvas (ie interviewee portal), which provides some info about the program. Other than that, I haven’t received anything regarding the second round interview either. Hopefully we’ll hear back soon though ??

Thanks for sharing!! I just found the Canvas email...Totally ignored it...? Good luck with your second round!! 

4 hours ago, Byebyecancer said:

Sorry one more question, where did you find the information on Canvas? I logged in but seems like it's completely empty...

3 hours ago, RetroScience said:

Anyone heard anything from Maryland BISI?

I actually heard back from a member of admissions committee and interviewed with him for 30 minutes on Dec 28, 2021. When I asked about the next step, he said that the prelim interview would go on until late Jan, from which they select qualified applicants to a recruitment event. I haven't heard back from them ever since so I'm not sure if I wasn't selected or if they're still working on the selection process. 

Having said that, I interviewed for MOCB track of BISI, and the process might be different for the track you applied to.

2 hours ago, Vaccinia said:

Sorry one more question, where did you find the information on Canvas? I logged in but seems like it's completely empty...

I think it takes them a day to update their website once you created your account. Soon you’ll be invited to their ‘interviewees portal’ course on Canvas.

24 minutes ago, Byebyecancer said:

I think it takes them a day to update their website once you created your account. Soon you’ll be invited to their ‘interviewees portal’ course on Canvas.

Conngrats on your next round! I haven't found anything about the interviewers on the Canvas site. So, could we choose the interested faculty in this round like picking up some names on the list? Or we are still arranged by the committee....

1 hour ago, Hostmicrobe said:

I actually heard back from a member of admissions committee and interviewed with him for 30 minutes on Dec 28, 2021. When I asked about the next step, he said that the prelim interview would go on until late Jan, from which they select qualified applicants to a recruitment event. I haven't heard back from them ever since so I'm not sure if I wasn't selected or if they're still working on the selection process. 

Having said that, I interviewed for MOCB track of BISI, and the process might be different for the track you applied to.

Thank you for that information! Hoping for good news for you!

I did apply to the same track but have not heard anything. Sounds like most invites will be given out by the end of January.