Biomedical Sciences PhD Applicants (Fall 2022)

pathoscientist

On 1/20/2022 at 6:10 AM, mintelope said:

Hi guys (koala52 and pathoscientist) -- I am also anxiously awaiting to hear some news from Umass Chan (good or bad), but nothing yet. I interviewed on the 14th. 

Hey guys, long waiting has almost driven me crazy. Today I emailed the faculty to ask about my interview, and the professor said I was on the waitlist for there were many great applicants this year. I wonder the chance for me to be accepted under this situation. It worries me so much…

17 hours ago, Yijuncute said:

Hey guys, long waiting has almost driven me crazy. Today I emailed the faculty to ask about my interview, and the professor said I was on the waitlist for there were many great applicants this year. I wonder the chance for me to be accepted under this situation. It worries me so much…

I completely understand your worry. Did you apply to other schools? If so, have you heard from them? They may have had many applicants, but not all of them will chose to accept the offer, which gives hope to those waitlisted, but there is no way to know. I hope you receive good news soon. 

5 hours ago, mintelope said:

I completely understand your worry. Did you apply to other schools? If so, have you heard from them? They may have had many applicants, but not all of them will chose to accept the offer, which gives hope to those waitlisted, but there is no way to know. I hope you receive good news soon. 

I did apply to other universities. However, I got several rejection and the other remained radio silent, which might not be a good signal at this time point… During the interview, the faculty told me that there were only two slots for international students, so the competition became so fierce …. I felt so worried but.. thank you for your kind note’ and maybe the rest I could do is wishing the best luck for myself.

On 1/21/2022 at 6:53 PM, Yijuncute said:

Thanks for the update. I'm going a bit crazy too. I looked at the results page for last year's cycle and people received acceptances from UMass as late as march 5th. I wish you the best of luck getting off the waitlist! 

6 minutes ago, alphacarbon said:

has anybody had interviews where the interviewer didn't really do much of the talking or led an incredibly open conversation? feeling like i tanked these but don't really know what to expect 

Yeah I had one of these too. I was a bit confused and have no idea how it went tbh. still haven't heard back from that school

On 1/24/2022 at 12:49 PM, _epigeneticsstudent said:

Has anyone heard from WashU STL any information for the Cancer Biology interview this week?

I have an interviews for WashU coming up. Can you please tell me what format the interviews were in? How did they go, in general, and what types of questions they asked? Were they interrogative or conversational... etc.

Can someone please suggest me if I email back to admission offer saying I would like to wait or just leave the email as it is, because I would like to wait for other offers and decide.

Also, has anyone who interviewed with MIC cluster at UVA BIMS received admissions offer yet? I interviewed with them on Feb13-14 and haven't heard back yet. 

Hi good luck with your application everyone!
Does any international student receive interview invite from the University of Florida Biomedical Sciences program (UF-BMS)?
I saw some domestic students got the invite in December.
I reached out to the admissions office twice but didn't get a reply unfortunately ?.

2 hours ago, biomedtrack112 said:

Just wondering - If anyone in this group is applying for the second time, have you had more success with programs? And if so, how much time lapsed between your applications?

Hi, this is my second time applying, I applied for Fall 2021 intake too but did not get any interview. I applied to 9 schools/programs this time and 4 of them were the ones I had applied to last year also. Out of the 4, I got interview from 3 of them this time. I believe it is mostly because I wrote a better SOP and I had 2 second-author papers published in between. Everything else on the application (including recommendation letters) were the same. 

12 hours ago, winterishere2020 said:

Has anyone heard anything from Notre Dame Integrated Biomedical Science program and MD Anderson? It really surprised me that there are only a few interview invites on the result page - and they're all in medical physics and biostats.

I was rejected from MDA a few weeks back, have yet to hear from ND.

3 hours ago, ouchcast said:

Rejected from all schools that I applied to. Cycle-1's over, no Ph.D. position secured. Thank you all. 

That really sucks, sorry to hear that. If you don’t mind sharing what are your stats, where did you apply, and what’s the game plan for next cycle?