2022 Application Discussion - Film & Media Studies / Cinema Studies

vampireduck

4 hours ago, gnozpilihp said:

From speaking to people on this PhD, they don't hold interviews + they inform via phone call. It'll probably be this week...

I don't feel positive. It seems like they usually send out offers by 23rd, based on previous years' results. 

22 hours ago, jules33 said:

Also applied to Harvard FVS! Still waiting to hear and not sure if they hold interviews

On 2/24/2022 at 4:23 PM, mollyvalentine said:

Anyone here can claim the Harvard FVS acceptance?

I posted the result; received an unofficial letter by email. DM if you want more information. was not told what the cohort size is.

UCLA people - check your spam folders! I received admission to the MA/PhD program on February 22nd but only found it this week. I'm awaiting further information on any funding and all other details.  From past years, February 22nd is pretty early to hear back. I think that I heard back earlier because I was interviewed for the straight PhD program but was then instead accepted to the MA/PhD pile. So, I don't think my early notification should be discouraging to other applicants, but people should be aware that the acceptances might be going to spam. I haven't gotten an official letter from the graduate school yet, and my application portal hasn't changed. 

Edited by Galpacino
more info

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2022 at 12:56 PM, Galpacino said:

UCLA people - check your spam folders! I received admission to the MA/PhD program on February 22nd but only found it this week. I'm awaiting further information on any funding and all other details.  From past years, February 22nd is pretty early to hear back. I think that I heard back earlier because I was interviewed for the straight PhD program but was then instead accepted to the MA/PhD pile. So, I don't think my early notification should be discouraging to other applicants, but people should be aware that the acceptances might be going to spam. I haven't gotten an official letter from the graduate school yet, and my application portal hasn't changed. 

Congratulations, and thank you for all the info! UCLA is also my top choice, and I have been checking my inbox & spam 10+ times but found nothing. I might have to wait for another year.