Spanish Literature and Linguistics/Hispanic Studies Graduate Applications 2022

caromella

@SPANGRAD22Congratulations!!! I'm so glad for you! Probably we will study together! ? BU is my top choice.

If you want, we can create a WhatsApp group with the other classmate. For questions, doubts, anyway... We've been looking for apartments lately. Sometimes we suggest links and exchange information to each other.

Last week we talked to a PhD candidate via Zoom. He explained a lot of things about the department, exams, teaching fellow conditions, it was very helpful!

Please let me know if you are interested.

One more time, congratulations! I was sure that you would get the offer letter!!

Congratulations! I'm very happy to hear this! @_flora

I don't know if anyone here is expecting news from Texas, but today I received an update from UTexas at Dallas: "Application Final Review". Apparently, in this case, it means that the Department made a decision and forwarded it to the Graduate School. I think they will send the results already this week.

As for UHouston, no updates yet.

These are the last two universities to close my cycle.

Good luck for everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Hola a tod@s:

This is my first post, yet Id like to begin by thanking those who have contributed to this thread. Obviously, this is a crazy stressful process so a little bit of solidaridad has helped as I have ventured through it myself. 

I have heard back from a bunch of unis, but have yet to hear anything from CUNY. I know that they sent their first round of acceptances, which I did not receive, so imagine that if I haven´t heard back yet it is probably a rejection.  I emailed the department and the director of the program but have not hear anything back. 

Can anyone speak to this at all? April 15 is approaching fast and I would like to have a complete idea of what my options are.

Mil gracias de antemano y ánimo, que sí se puede...

- Saludos 

Hola @notyouraverageolé! ¿Qué tal? 

As I said above, we are 5 in the literature track and 3 in the linguistics track. I can't tell you if there is a kind of waiting list, but in my case I haven't rejected or accepted the offer yet. I am waiting for NYU to make a final decision. I understand that the others accepted have not rejected the offer.

I take the opportunity to ask if they have had any news from NYU. From the DGS, they tell me that they are still deliberating, but I would like to know if there is any other information.

On 1/21/2022 at 10:52 PM, GSHopeful1 said:

Thank you and congrats to you too! WU has a phenomenal Spanish program so I’m not holding my breath. I feel like most of the people who got in will accept their offers, but it’s nice to not be flat out rejected. Like most people here, I’m also interested in contemporary Latin American Lit. 

Hey there! I'm highly interested in applying to WashU next year and I was wondering if you have any tips as I prepare my application. I really want to be accepted and I'd like to make sure I do everything I can to become a strong candidate. I'm assuming a lot of people apply to the Hispanic Studies program so it must be pretty competitive.