Fall 2022 PhD in Social Work/Social Welfare

XXXXXXphd2021

Interviewed last week at University of Washington, waitlisted at University of Denver since December, interviewed at UCLA 2/2, and accepted to CWRU on 1/27. I applied to University of Michigan's joint program with sociology and have not heard anything yet.

If anyone has heard back from these programs or has thoughts about CWRU let me know!

Edited by KeepItWeird

Has anyone applied to the University of Denver and heard anything? 

I applied 10/15/21, Interview notice 10/30/21 , Interview complete 11/10/21, Notified of Waitlist 2/4/22

I haven't seen anyone on here or anywhere else be offered admission, I have just seen a lot of waitlists. Also has anyone gotten any guidance when final notices will go out? 

I will be moving from NY --> CO and I am nervous about renewing my lease and all that stuff. I only applied to DU this cycle because I will complete my MSW in May, and it is my top program. 

23 hours ago, SierraSW said:

Has anyone applied to the University of Denver and heard anything? 

I applied 10/15/21, Interview notice 10/30/21 , Interview complete 11/10/21, Notified of Waitlist 2/4/22

I haven't seen anyone on here or anywhere else be offered admission, I have just seen a lot of waitlists. Also has anyone gotten any guidance when final notices will go out? 

I will be moving from NY --> CO and I am nervous about renewing my lease and all that stuff. I only applied to DU this cycle because I will complete my MSW in May, and it is my top program. 

I think they're still accepting applications through Feb 15th (it's their 'final deadline') so you may want to contact them and see how that works with the waitlist and the timing of their final admissions. The only reason I haven't reached out is because I'm in a better spot with other programs I applied to.

On 1/17/2022 at 7:46 PM, MBUPEG22 said:

Anyone applying to the Joint PhD program at the University of Michigan or the MA/PhD at UChicago? I don't have an MSW, btw. Good luck, everyone!

I got a rejection email today (I applied to joint PhD in Social Work & Psychology). Good Luck!!

Ok. I got my last decision for this cycle

WashU accepted, U Chicago & Berkeley rejected. Columbia waitlisted. 

Undergrad 3.5 & Grad 3.97 GPA. GRE 163+170+4.5. 5 yrs full time research experience post masters at school of medicine. Several peer & non peer reviewed pubs. Very strong letters from faculty who knew me for several years. 

I have a MSW/MPH dual degree so disciplinary boundaries are really blurred to me. I am a bit but not really surprised by the results. This is probably an indication of my interests fit better with the public health side. But social work is where my heart is. 

Congrats to those who got in! You will be doing amazing and important work no matter where you land. 

11 minutes ago, disab said:

I am flabbergasted. Did that person die from malnutrition?

she turned down the offer haha. I think people can work more hours during the summer or sth to make slightly more. I interviewed NYU school of public health and their stipend level is $32k for 2022-2023 (9 months stipend so you can try working full time in the summer for additional pay). So they would claim it's 'competitive'.  

Edited by XXXXXXphd2021

For me, 7 rejections so far (WUSTL, UChicago, UT, UW-Seattle, UMich, Columbia, UC Berkeley & 3 pending (UNC, Boston U, NYU)

Never had any interview at all. I've beenworking as a medical social worker at a small nonprofit clinic since getting my MSSW at UT in 2020; have 4 co-authored publications (all qualitative research); no TA or RA experience

Congrats to those who got acceptances! I hope everyone gets accepted to their top choice program if still waiting for results! :)

22 hours ago, beloved_child_of_God said:

For me, 7 rejections so far (WUSTL, UChicago, UT, UW-Seattle, UMich, Columbia, UC Berkeley & 3 pending (UNC, Boston U, NYU)

Never had any interview at all. I've beenworking as a medical social worker at a small nonprofit clinic since getting my MSSW at UT in 2020; have 4 co-authored publications (all qualitative research); no TA or RA experience

Congrats to those who got acceptances! I hope everyone gets accepted to their top choice program if still waiting for results! :)

Heyyy friend~ I feel you... the pain of waiting and getting rejections is so excruciating ? But never give up the hope!!!  I think NYU has already sent out a round of acceptance (i got the waitlist email). I seriously have no idea what is going on with BU... emailed program director for updates last week but haven't heard back from him yet...