Fall 2022 PhD in Social Work/Social Welfare

XXXXXXphd2021

Hi team! First, thank you all for this thread - it's been so nice to feel in community a bit with you all in this process!

I'm wondering if anyone has heard from Boston University, NYU (I know someone got a waitlist notice but has anyone gotten an acceptance/rejection? I interviewed first week of Feb and have heard nothing since), Rutgers or UConn?

I've heard back from Boston College, Maryland, and UPenn but radio silence from the other schools ? 

Edited by Jhopes

23 hours ago, Jjjjjbird said:

Hi team! First, thank you all for this thread - it's been so nice to feel in community a bit with you all in this process!

I'm wondering if anyone has heard from Boston University, NYU (I know someone got a waitlist notice but has anyone gotten an acceptance/rejection? I interviewed first week of Feb and have heard nothing since), Rutgers or UConn?

I've heard back from Boston College, Maryland, and UPenn but radio silence from the other schools ? 

I emailed the coordinator at Rutgers, they are sending out results starting this week. Seems like we have a bunch of overlaps! Did you get any admissions yet?

On 2/28/2022 at 10:07 AM, Confusedkitty said:

I emailed the coordinator at Rutgers, they are sending out results starting this week. Seems like we have a bunch of overlaps! Did you get any admissions yet?

Heard from Rutgers yesterday a little after you posted :) I've gotten admits at BC, UMB, UPenn, and Rutgers. You?

On 2022. 2. 18. at 오전 12시 59분, yaya_blessed said:

NYU Silver가 대기 목록에 올렸습니다... (오늘 아침 프로그램 디렉터로부터 이메일을 받았습니다.) 혹시 BU나 Columbia 사회 복지사로부터 소식을 들은 사람이 있습니까? 

On 2022. 2. 24. at 오전 3시 56분, yaya_blessed said:

Heyyy 친구~ 기분이.. 기다림과 거절의 고통이 너무  끔찍하다 ?  그래도 희망은 버리지마!!! NYU에서 이미 승인을 보낸 것 같습니다(대기자 명단 이메일을 받았습니다). BU에게 무슨 일이 일어나고 있는지 전혀 모릅니다... 지난주에 업데이트를 위해 프로그램 디렉터에게 이메일을 보냈지만 아직 그에게서 답장을 받지 못했습니다...

Offered interview suggestion from BU on 2/17 and interviewed on 2/25. Still waiting admission decisions. 

On 2/28/2022 at 12:40 AM, Jjjjjbird said:

Offered interview suggestion from BU on 2/17 and interviewed on 2/25. Still waiting admission decisions. 

9 hours ago, fingercrossedforme said:

Did your classmate accept the offer? I still didn't heard anything tho...admission office said the results would be announced at the end of February.

My classmate may not accept it so far but he said he probably will accept it. He got an email talking about funding on 2/21. Maybe you can send an email to ask UNC admission office. Good luck!

17 minutes ago, AlmondLL said:

My classmate may not accept it so far but he said he probably will accept it. He got an email talking about funding on 2/21. Maybe you can send an email to ask UNC admission office. Good luck!

Thanks for sharing the info for me :)) Will the admission announcement is delayed for international students? I still have my application status as submitted, and I asked the admissions office for an announcement timeline, but there was no response.

On 3/5/2022 at 7:18 PM, apkujong said:

Hey everyone! Hope you all are doing well. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything officially from NYU. It's been radio silence with me. Anyone been in contact with them?

Hey!! I'm the one got waitlisted lollll... My suggestion is email the program director (Dr. Stanhope) and ask her about app status. She is pretty responsive. Good luck! 

5 hours ago, fingercrossedforme said:

Thanks for sharing the info for me :)) Will the admission announcement is delayed for international students? I still have my application status as submitted, and I asked the admissions office for an announcement timeline, but there was no response.

You are welcome! : ) I am not sure if the announcement is delayed for international applicants, because my classmate and I are international applicants and we don't know any domestic applicants so far. Maybe you can wait for their reply for some time. It may take some time for some schools to reply. One school replied to me after 6 days including a weekend. 

17 hours ago, AlmondLL said:

You are welcome! : ) I am not sure if the announcement is delayed for international applicants, because my classmate and I are international applicants and we don't know any domestic applicants so far. Maybe you can wait for their reply for some time. It may take some time for some schools to reply. One school replied to me after 6 days including a weekend. 

Thank you for your kind words. Hope you get an offer from the school of your choice <33

1 hour ago, fingercrossedforme said:

Thank you for your kind words. Hope you get an offer from the school of your choice <33

You are welcome! Thanks for your blessing! The same to you! Fingers crossed for us! : )

Edited by AlmondLL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...