DAAD Master Studies for All Academic Disciplines 2022-2023

boogy

Hi all, thanks for the wishes! I still have no formal updates from the DAAD yet, but my portal is still "funding", so hopefully this is good news, and not  just some technical error :) I am under the political sciences discipline, hope that helps, and I hope you guys receive positive news soon! do any of you happen to be from a partner school with the DAAD? 

On 4/29/2022 at 4:18 PM, pdrviana said:

Anyone got news from Scholarships for Postgraduate Studies in the Fields of Fine Art, Film, Design/Visual Communication and Film? I was expecting the results to be out today ?

Hi!
I wrote to them this week and got the answer that they didn't receive an official selection decision yet:( However, I have a strong feeling that there will be nothing for me this year. Wish you luck and hope that the end of the waiting is near ?

On 4/29/2022 at 12:44 PM, fitto said:

Has your portal status changed?

I'm afraid it hasn't yet. I've been 'Bewerbung eingereicht' or application submitted since December 21st as well. Though, the earlier post that replied to me put me at ease and I'm looking forward to the results next week. Fingers crossed. Let me know if anything changes on your end.

"Master for All Disciplines" Scholarship for Azerbaijan has been announced in 22nd of April, our status haven't been changed, however we have received a document stating that we got the scholarship. In the document, it is stated that the binding letter of award will be sent soon. No rejections were sent out till this day. 

DAAD offices in different countries handle the procedure differently. For example, in some countries the status changes from Selection made to Funding, in some countries rejections are sent out first, in some countries the status remains the same, however they receive a document in their portal, like us. Therefore, don't lose your hope and good luck to everyone!

This is the week the Program Director for USA said we would find out ?

My portal hasn't changed, but I'm still hoping for good news! I'll update if there is any change.

Edited by fitto

Hi!

I'm a student from Spain, and I applied in February before the deadline (Feb 14th). Does anyone know if there are interviews for Spain? I've heard it depends on the country. Or if anyone from Spain has had news, anything would be helpful.

Oh and my application only says "Application submitted". The only thing that I had to send by post was the recommendation letter. Could it mean that they didn't receive it if it doesn't say "Paper copies received"?

Thanks and good luck!

Edited by annie_d

Huge thanks to everyone who's been active in this thread! I'm a long-time lurker and found your updates helpful throughout the process.

I applied for the Master's - All Disciplines from the United States. While I haven't received any formal contact since December (when they confirmed receipt of my application), my status changed to funded a few days ago. 

When I looked at the DAAD Portal over the weekend, it said it would be down for maintenance this afternoon (Monday, May 2nd). That has me wondering if we should expect formal results this evening... 

Once we find out who does get it, it may be nice for the recipients to share a bit about their background, approach to the application, etc. for next year's cohort.

Edited by queercubed
More info

11 minutes ago, queercubed said:

Huge thanks to everyone who's been active in this thread! I'm a long-time lurker and found your updates helpful throughout the process.

I applied for the Master's - All Disciplines from the United States. While I haven't received any formal contact since December (when they confirmed receipt of my application), my status changed to funded a few days ago. 

When I looked at the DAAD Portal over the weekend, it said it would be down for maintenance this afternoon (Monday, May 2nd). That has me wondering if we should expect formal results this evening... 

Once we find out who does get it, it may be nice for the recipients to share a bit about their background, approach to the application, etc. for next year's cohort.

Do you remember what day it changed to funding? My application is still "Application Submitted" ? Starting to feel not so good about this. 

34 minutes ago, fitto said:

Do you remember what day it changed to funding? My application is still "Application Submitted" ? Starting to feel not so good about this. 

There's still the chance that the status changes are happening in certain subject categories and not others! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for us!

4 minutes ago, mogmogx said:

There's still the chance that the status changes are happening in certain subject categories and not others! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for us!

I'm trying so hard to be positive! I'm just getting so impatient and anxious, but you're right, there is still a chance.

2 hours ago, fitto said:

I have no idea what day it changed--I haven't been checking the portal regularly. I would say, at the earliest, this past Friday/Saturday. 

From what I've read about past years, the change in status is a good sign but not the end-all-be-all. There's still hope! And still a chance those of us with "funded" get a rejection. Their website seems kind of... poorly designed. So I'm not confident in anything it says short of a PDF letter lol

I listed Social Sciences (Anthropology/Ethnologie) on my application. And ranked Uni zu Köln / Uni Hamburg

Edited by queercubed

On 5/1/2022 at 6:05 AM, Daria_Ts said:

Hi!
I wrote to them this week and got the answer that they didn't receive an official selection decision yet:( However, I have a strong feeling that there will be nothing for me this year. Wish you luck and hope that the end of the waiting is near ?

Hey Daria,
Weird, the information I have is different. They said to me that the decisions were made and the results would be available after the Easter holiday in Germany (two weeks ago). So I strongly believe the waiting is near for all of us since this selection is integrated in Germany.

I am also not feeling confident, but theres no logical reason for this. Good luck for you too! ☘️ May I ask where are you applying to?

@fittohas your status changed yet? Mine still says application submitted. It’s official past “early next week” which was what I was told last week. I’m not sure what to even think but I guess best to assume I didn’t receive it? Applying for math and science from the US. @QWWK

1 hour ago, skiier1234 said:

@fittohas your status changed yet? Mine still says application submitted. It’s official past “early next week” which was what I was told last week. I’m not sure what to even think but I guess best to assume I didn’t receive it? Applying for math and science from the US. @QWWK

Nope. Still Application Submitted. 

4 hours ago, skiier1234 said:

I was told that this week we would find out, so hopefully we know by the end of this week. 

Hey all, I emailed the senior program officer today and was told that the officials document will come next week instead due to a delay with the head office in Bonn. The officer also confirmed that the status "Funding" means that I will be receiving the grant, and official documents will follow. 

30 minutes ago, chuppybun said:

Hey all, I emailed the senior program officer today and was told that the officials document will come next week instead due to a delay with the head office in Bonn. The officer also confirmed that the status "Funding" means that I will be receiving the grant, and official documents will follow. 

Congratulations! 

Did they say anything about those with the status of "Application Submitted"?

Edited by fitto

Just now, maleficsyd said:

How did you find out? I am sorry. :( Feeling like the same is coming for me. 

I got an email saying the message was sent in the portal and I checked and it was a rejection letter.