Coffee Snob

How does one receive these transcript requests generally? By email or do we need to endlessly reload the application portal?

Edited by qeta

1 hour ago, qeta said:

How does one receive these transcript requests generally? By email or do we need to endlessly reload the application portal?

Humm, both? You should eventually get an email notification but they also change your status to "finalist submission" before sending you an email, as far as I understand from previous years' threads.

16 minutes ago, DarkSideOfTheMoon said:

Saaaame. From past chats, it also looks like they only send transcript requests to finalists. Is that correct? Or will rejects and transcript requests go out together? Bracing for eventualities!  

I think they do send rejections a few days after transcript requests but I honestly think that they are just taking the finalist notifications slowly this year. I wouldn't get too anxious at this point but saying this does not stop me from reloading the application portal every 30 minutes hahahah

Super anxious! This is my 2nd try & my school fellowship ends this year. I’m relying on the few external fellowships I’m eligible for as an int’l student.

Last year they notified the finalist (transcript request) on Friday, and sent the rejections on Monday. However, this year might be different. 

4 hours ago, PlatoTheCat said:

Hello all! Did anyone get any update?

Perhaps we'll have to wait till Friday?? They seem to have a record of sending out finalist decisions on the last day of the week... but obviously they are being a little late this year compared to previous ones.

9 hours ago, GreenCholulaForLife said:

Lol, I have a feeling that SSRC has shut down without any notice to the parties that have stakes. So long Social Science Research Council. It was good to have you for all these years…

I don’t think that’s the case. They’re still hiring new employees & IDRF is still one of their most successful program.

If I haven’t heard from them by the end of Friday, I’ll send them an email.

I’m still holding my breath & bracing for impact. Eek!

On 2/10/2022 at 11:21 AM, GreenCholulaForLife said:

Lol, I have a feeling that SSRC has shut down without any notice to the parties that have stakes. So long Social Science Research Council. It was good to have you for all these years…

GreenCholulaForLife, I and 11 other people were selected earlier this week to participate in the fully funded AAS-SSRC Dissertation Workshop in Honolulu. SSRC is open and appears to have plenty of money. I was really confused by this speculation - do you know something that we don’t?