Coffee Snob

On 4/6/2022 at 3:01 PM, gorgogliante said:

Well, it turns out that unfortunately this year's fellows will actually be the last. The Mellon foundation has stopped funding the program. For clarity, if you applied this year, you can still win funding. But there will be no application this fall or thereafter.

Here's the announcement: https://www.ssrc.org/programs/idrf/idrf-announcement/

Absolute tragedy and a huge loss for international students. This was one of the few big ones that allowed non-US citizens. 

I interestingly noted that they hadn't increased the award amount in over 12 years. Perhaps that should have been seen as a red flag.

55 minutes ago, PlatoTheCat said:

Hello everyone, did anyone get any email update?

Nothing yet. At this point, I want to believe tomorrow will be the day we will hear something. But I beginning to not to have any expectations of when. I keep checking my email over and over again. 

1 minute ago, gorgogliante said:

Congratulations!

Did your letter say how many awards were issued this year?

Yes it did. Here is a direct quote "You are one of sixty provisional awardees, selected from a total of 870 submitted applications from graduate students at 112 universities. This year's awardees represent thirty-one universities and fourteen disciplines."

1 hour ago, GeoFalcon1 said:

Yes it did. Here is a direct quote "You are one of sixty provisional awardees, selected from a total of 870 submitted applications from graduate students at 112 universities. This year's awardees represent thirty-one universities and fourteen disciplines."

Thanks

On 4/11/2022 at 11:40 PM, time_consume_me said:

Absolute tragedy and a huge loss for international students. This was one of the few big ones that allowed non-US citizens. 

I interestingly noted that they hadn't increased the award amount in over 12 years. Perhaps that should have been seen as a red flag.

There is a PETITION circulating asking SSRC & Melon to reinstate the IDRF grant. I’ve signed.

https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/ask-ssrc-and-mellon-to-reinstate-the-international-dissertation-research-fellowship-program?source=direct_link

• 4 weeks later...