Coffee Snob

23 minutes ago, DarkSideOfTheMoon said:

For those who have been through this ordeal of waiting before, does SSRC update the portal to let applicants know they have been rejected? Or is it safe to assume that if you have not been sent a transcript request (email or through the portal) by the end of the day today, the application likely didnt make it?

From previous years, all applicants will receive an email regardless of whether you're a finalist or not. 

5 hours ago, DarkSideOfTheMoon said:

Still no news about finalist or rejection status on the portal or over email for me. Anyone else? 

Same. They’re rather slow this year…

For those who have heard back from them, do you mind sharing what your disciplinary fields are?

I wonder if they categorize the applications based on disciplinary fields. Maybe some reviewers are faster than others?

17 hours ago, Coffee Snob said:

Same. They’re rather slow this year…

For those who have heard back from them, do you mind sharing what your disciplinary fields are?

I wonder if they categorize the applications based on disciplinary fields. Maybe some reviewers are faster than others?

Got a transcript request email and when I followed the link, the "round" changed to finalist submission. It then morphed into two submission. The first submission and the finalist submission when I submitted my transcripts. My discipline is geography.

I know this may sound silly but checking your spam is a great idea. 

Still nothing so far. Nothing in the spam too. Some people say no news is good news, but I’m almost certain that I’m just waiting for a rejection letter. I’ve sent an email inquiring the status of my application. We’ll see if they respond.

(((My speculation is some of the reviewers got distracted with the harvard letters last week, so they couldn’t meet the review deadlines & kept asking for extensions. Lol.)))

On 2/18/2022 at 6:55 PM, Coffee Snob said:

Still nothing so far. Nothing in the spam too. Some people say no news is good news, but I’m almost certain that I’m just waiting for a rejection letter. I’ve sent an email inquiring the status of my application. We’ll see if they respond.

(((My speculation is some of the reviewers got distracted with the harvard letters last week, so they couldn’t meet the review deadlines & kept asking for extensions. Lol.)))

Same, almost certain it is going to be a rejection at this point. If possible, could you let us know what they say in case they reply to your email inquiring about the status? 

Finally received the rejection letter. Congratulations for the finalists!

In case folks don’t know: you can email IDRF asking for reviewers’ comments on your application. I did that last year & they responded quite fast.

Did anyone apply for WennerGren? I’ll be more active on that thread now. Fingers crossed ?? 

On 2/23/2022 at 7:03 AM, Coffee Snob said:

In case folks don’t know: you can email IDRF asking for reviewers’ comments on your application. I did that last year & they responded quite fast.

This is really good to know! Thanks for telling us. I’m gonna email them for the comments.

• 3 weeks later...

Just received this. So much for feedback: 

Dear Applicant,

We received your inquiry regarding information about your application to the 2022 International Dissertation Research Fellowship (IDRF) competition. Unfortunately, we do not have comments available from the screener round.

Thank you again for your interest in the IDRF program.   

Sincerely,

IDRF Program Team

On 3/18/2022 at 2:02 PM, DarkSideOfTheMoon said:

Just received this. So much for feedback: 

Dear Applicant,

We received your inquiry regarding information about your application to the 2022 International Dissertation Research Fellowship (IDRF) competition. Unfortunately, we do not have comments available from the screener round.

Thank you again for your interest in the IDRF program.   

Sincerely,

IDRF Program Team

I got the same reply. How strange!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2022 at 11:21 AM, GreenCholulaForLife said:

Lol, I have a feeling that SSRC has shut down without any notice to the parties that have stakes. So long Social Science Research Council. It was good to have you for all these years…

Well, it turns out that unfortunately this year's fellows will actually be the last. The Mellon foundation has stopped funding the program. For clarity, if you applied this year, you can still win funding. But there will be no application this fall or thereafter.

Here's the announcement: https://www.ssrc.org/programs/idrf/idrf-announcement/

Edited by gorgogliante

On 4/6/2022 at 10:01 PM, gorgogliante said:

Well, it turns out that unfortunately this year's fellows will actually be the last. The Mellon foundation has stopped funding the program. For clarity, if you applied this year, you can still win funding. But there will be no application this fall or thereafter.

Here's the announcement: https://www.ssrc.org/programs/idrf/idrf-announcement/

What a shame! Thank you for alerting us to this. I hadn't yet seen it.

Does anyone know when the results will be sent out? Is it typically the Monday of the second week of April or do we think it might be today? 

5 hours ago, misyfatsylany said:

What a shame! Thank you for alerting us to this. I hadn't yet seen it.

Does anyone know when the results will be sent out? Is it typically the Monday of the second week of April or do we think it might be today? 

I haven't heard anything yet so I'm guessing Monday. It looks like in previous years that's when the announcements have gone out.

12 minutes ago, gorgogliante said:

I haven't heard anything yet so I'm guessing Monday. It looks like in previous years that's when the announcements have gone out.

I haven't heard anything yet either. The waiting anxiety is growing thick! I hope we here from them Monday