How to deal with racist professor in a Catholic theological college at TST?

Homura

Posted (edited)

I am an International student at TST. I sent an email to the president of a catholic theological college within TST yesterday. Then I received an email from him which has racist comment about me.I think he intended to send this email to another professor but accidentally sent to me. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5201f5be1cc00c714f985dc0b1568022.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.38f129e6e918aa2a9879a1c3edad0e4d.jpeg

Edited by Homura

So I know Thomas Worcester personally. He's a racist. Low key, but a racist none the less and doesn't take kindly to the influx of Asian students in Toronto.

So, here's how you handle this:

Hit 'Reply' BUT add Pamela Couture (pamela.couture@utoronto.ca), she's the Executive Director of TST. You're also going to want to CC, and probably individually reach out, to the ARCDO office (antiracism@utoronto.ca) at the University of Toronto (https://antiracism.utoronto.ca/resolution/).

Write what you want in the email but call out Thomas. This isn't the first complaint against him. He'll apologize profusely, likely want to buy you a meal and "mend wounds." If you decide to accept, don't give in. This is what he does.

18 hours ago, xypathos said:

So I know Thomas Worcester personally. He's a racist. Low key, but a racist none the less and doesn't take kindly to the influx of Asian students in Toronto.

So, here's how you handle this:

Hit 'Reply' BUT add Pamela Couture (pamela.couture@utoronto.ca), she's the Executive Director of TST. You're also going to want to CC, and probably individually reach out, to the ARCDO office (antiracism@utoronto.ca) at the University of Toronto (https://antiracism.utoronto.ca/resolution/).

Write what you want in the email but call out Thomas. This isn't the first complaint against him. He'll apologize profusely, likely want to buy you a meal and "mend wounds." If you decide to accept, don't give in. This is what he does.

Is the professor he intended to send the email to also a racist? Based on this email, I think the faculty at Regis all knew what he is and remained silent. I will not accept his apology and I am determined to hold Regis College accountable. 

This is ridiculous. Definitely file a formal complaint if you are comfortable, and notify the head of your department. I can't believe this person really holds the position he has. Valuing your students regardless of identity should be prerequisite number one for a college professor.